My Friend Needs Help - Absconding Case In Dubai

Topic locked
My friend needs help - absconding case in dubai Jul 16, 2012
Hi there!

I have my friend who resigned/terminated from his job last nov 11 2011. he was left without a job for 7 months and he recently got a job offer. (not that he did not go for cancellation of visa within this 7 months period).His former employer told him they cannot cancel his visa because there is a "runaway" case on him and that he has to deal with it first with the labor office before they can cancel him.

The question is : What are the possible legal implications of this? Will he be fined? jailed? deported?

Any information (serious ones please) would be appreciated.

We cannot find anything on the net regarding this.

Thank you so much!!! :D

vincentv
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: My Friend Needs Help - Absconding Case In Dubai Jul 16, 2012
Does he have anything in writing that he resigned? Did he get end of service benefits, because if he did he would have had to sign off on receiving them. If he did sign off on his end of service benefits then it would be the employers responsibility to cancel his visa. If he just walked away then they were in the right to file a complaint that he absconded. Are you saying that he didn't attempt to cancel his visa after leaving the job? If there is a case against he maybe his former employer can withdraw it or work with him to get it cancelled. If they are not willing to help him, he's pretty much screwed.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk