Free Trade

Topic locked
Free Trade Sep 21, 2008
I was in discussion about what happened to the German government wiring 300M Euros to Lehman Brothers just hours before the US bank collapse..

Got this response from the person was in argument with and I quote:

The Real Disaster is just starting. During the past 18 years, America has slowly but surely lead the World towards a new kind of confrontation that resulted in a “Great Depression” similar to that of 1929 / 1930 that was actually the main factor that triggered “World War II”

Similarly to what happened in 1929, in their endeavour to f*ck their most prominent economical competitors (In 1929 it was mainly Germany and, to a certain extent, Japan, while now it is Europe and China), the Americans ended up f*cking themselves first, and their closest allies later while Germany, that was worst hit by the depression until 1932, got out of it with Hitler’s Stunning Nazi Economic Recovery. World War II was a direct and unavoidable result of the “Great Depression” and the American “Prohibition Era”.

Today, Russia’s Stunning Recovery is similar, in one way or another, to Germany’s one in the mid 1930’s.

The only difference between that scenario and this one is the nuclear deterrent of both the US and Russia that might, hopefully, make a Third World War avoidable. “Hopefully” because anything could happen if the Americans elect the illuminated pair of Mr. McCain + Ms. Palin.
History tells us that nobody has ever won a war against the Russian Bear and today’s known facts tell us that nobody could dream to win such a war in the foreseeable future.

Another result of the current turmoil could be a General Worldwide Revolution especially if the Republicans and the other rightist European Leaders such as Berlusconi, Merkel, Sarkozy and the new American Puppets of the former East Block Countries remain in power. I was trying to remember some of what Karl Marx has said on the relation between Free Trade and Revolution but, obviously, was unable to do so. Luckily, I found it on the internet:

QUOTE:
What is free trade, what is free trade under the present condition of society? It is freedom of capital. When you have overthrown the few national barriers which still restrict the progress of capital, you will merely have given it complete freedom of action. ...
But, in general, the protective system of our day is conservative, while the free trade system is destructive. It breaks up old nationalities and pushes the antagonism of the proletariat and the bourgeoisie to the extreme point. In a word, the free trade system hastens the social revolution. It is in this revolutionary sense alone, gentlemen, that I vote in favour of free trade.
Marx & Engels, On Free Trade (1848)
UNQUOTE

The above was said 160 years ago. Were these two guys wrong then? Are they wrong today?

I have the same opinion as the person who told me this...but it would be interesting to know your opinions....

farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2008
I think that the world is much more experienced now in dealing with this kind of depressions.
There is a lot more information available and easily accessible which makes the majority of population more educated.
So I don't think it will lead to a world war 3...
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Sep 30, 2008
Marx also said: "The workers control the means of production and therefore the it is the proletariat that will ultimately control the decisions of the governors as to whether they shall go to war or not."

The actions of a few are controllable and predictable, the actions of many are not. Asimov expounded the theory in the Foundation and Empire series of prediction of the actions of the masses but only over extended periods of time.

The conditions have to decline a lot more before we get anywhere near a war footing.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 12, 2008
What is Free Trade. Free Trade is to be subsidized 100%.

This means this : Plough the Land, plant plenty of Potatoes, Don't have to sell this crop, just collect the full money from your government who is the Boss of this Free Trade crap, then the government sells your Potatoes at half your Price to any Third World country and they are happy eating imported Potatoes, except the local farmers who will not be able to sell their Potatoes, because the imported Potatoes were far cheaper, so the local farmer smashes his Potatoes and makes a local brew to solve his worries.

This is the lop sided Free Trade of the Facist Democrazies.
britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 13, 2008
britisharab wrote:What is Free Trade. Free Trade is to be subsidized 100%.

This means this : Plough the Land, plant plenty of Potatoes, Don't have to sell this crop, just collect the full money from your government who is the Boss of this Free Trade crap, then the government sells your Potatoes at half your Price to any Third World country and they are happy eating imported Potatoes, except the local farmers who will not be able to sell their Potatoes, because the imported Potatoes were far cheaper, so the local farmer smashes his Potatoes and makes a local brew to solve his worries.

This is the lop sided Free Trade of the Facist Democrazies.

Sounds like the EU Farming subsidy?

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Free Trade Oct 28, 2008
farthestpoint wrote: in their endeavour to f*ck their most prominent economical competitors

I find that people who put more effort into using low-end prose than developing a coherent message, usually don't have a f*cking clue.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 05, 2008
:D :)
superman
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk