Foreigners In Dubai And Their Compatriots.

Topic locked
Foreigners in Dubai and their compatriots. Oct 03, 2008
:roll: Middle East is a rich place and foreigners earn lot money there. There is question whether these foreigners should help people back in their countries. Pakistan is facing economic crises. Many families suffered losses due to this economic crisis.

jmlthr
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Foreigners in Dubai and their compatriots. Oct 05, 2008
jmlthr wrote:There is question whether these foreigners should help people back in their countries.

We are all only guest here for a fixed time so if you dont make a plan for the future
and dont support your place where you want to go later.
But you can not help all of them and it becomes in UAE also more
difficult to save money.

For me I send always money to the place where I want to be later.
I am not in UAE to spend all money here
Matthias_
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Its getting increasingly difficult to be able to sustain a lifestyle here and repatriate a reasonable amount to your country of origin.

The strength of the Euro and the Pound against the $ has severely devalued the Dirham and the cost of living has become frightening here. Rents increasing exponentially, food and petrol rising and unseen taxation left right and centre. Just driving from the airport to the marina now costs 12 Dhs in Salik charges!

There are only a lucky few, who are either paid significant amounts or are returning funds to a country where the currency is weaker, than truly benefit.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Foreigners in Dubai and their compatriots. Oct 13, 2008
jmlthr wrote::roll: Middle East is a rich place and foreigners earn lot money there. There is question whether these foreigners should help people back in their countries. Pakistan is facing economic crises. Many families suffered losses due to this economic crisis.

rich countries are there to play the global monopolist game, and the global economy is there for their nuclear survival, not for the people of the world to earn a decent living and send money home..
there're crises every where, just arrived here from London, 36 hours -against the EU council's rulings- working week is taxed severally and there's no decent way of earning an extra for someone to send money to kids home..
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 21, 2008
I agree that maintaining every one's life style is getting increasingly difficult. But on the other hands, we're focused on consumption rather than expanding our income. If we depend only on our wages and on dumb saving on a bank account that would be always the case. Inflation is an international phenomena and in Dubai and most countries in the region it's not that much predictable, not to mention it's at least 3 times higher than the UK.

We need to look more on investment opportunities here or back home, and to share ideas and best practices within our network
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Foreigners in Dubai and their compatriots. Oct 29, 2008
jmlthr wrote::roll: Middle East is a rich place and foreigners earn lot money there. There is question whether these foreigners should help people back in their countries. Pakistan is facing economic crises. Many families suffered losses due to this economic crisis.

total amount transferd in 2007 from uae to others by personal only reached $20 billion.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 05, 2008
support!!
superman
Dubai Forum User

Re: Foreigners in Dubai and their compatriots. Dec 27, 2008
muyesser wrote:

rich countries are there to play the global monopolist game, and the global economy is there for their nuclear survival, not for the people of the world to earn a decent living and send money home..
there're crises every where, just arrived here from London, 36 hours -against the EU council's rulings- working week is taxed severally and there's no decent way of earning an extra for someone to send money to kids home..

My message is for all repliers and interested people. Actually I get very little time to visit and reply. As I learnt from your replies that expatriates in Dubai are facing difficulties saving money yet they send huge foreign exchange. There is no work in Pakistan. I lost all saved money of our family in Bahria Town and stock exchange. Only one third is left despite keeping investments for five years. Rich people and companies in Pakistan never help. People are very rich in Pakistan. They have many bungalows and cars. My website offers many services but I got only one project in four year. This project was given to me by a bankrupt company owner of USA who finds me in Alibaba
jmlthr
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk