UK Cops Hope To Prevent More Abuse Of Teen Poppy Sellers

Topic locked
UK cops hope to prevent more abuse of teen poppy sellers Oct 22, 2012
I looked around but couldn't find a thread started by the one poster who keeps us updated on news from Britain; particularly about the EDL. Wonder why?

Security is being provided for young poppy sellers in Bradford this year after some were attacked last year – the first such incidents in the British Legion’s history.

Young Army cadets will have chaperones to protect them from repeats of the abuse some suffered while collecting for the charity.

The volunteers who fundraise tirelessly for the Legion’s annual appeal were sickened by the abuse and assaults suffered by some of their sellers.

Last year the Telegraph & Argus reported how Bethany Holmes, then 13, of the Allerton Army Cadet Force, was one of three teenagers selling remembrance poppies outside The Range store in Girlington, Bradford, when a group of youths began giving the sellers “abuse”.

Her mum Christine said one of them took a poppy from the box, spat on it and tried to give it to her daughter, before spitting at her three times, twice on her jacket and once on her cheek.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/n ... last_year/

The comments to the story are also worth reading.

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: UK Cops Hope To Prevent More Abuse Of Teen Poppy Sellers Oct 22, 2012
rayznack wrote:The comments to the story are also worth reading.

Bradford is full of racists! :shock:
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: UK cops hope to prevent more abuse of teen poppy sellers Oct 22, 2012
^BM - one of the commentators seems to be in total agreement with you.

I too am glad to have left Bradford - it is a total sh1th0le. However, it wasn't the Asian residents I had a problem with, it was the white ones. No Asian has ever bullied me, beat me up, raped me, burgled me, called me nasty names, spat at me, tortured my animals or dumped clapped out bangers in my garden.
And it wasn't Asian people who were bitter, spiteful, hateful, nasty, resentful, ignorant & spat out revolting racism at every turn.
I am so glad to have left - anywhere that produces 3 serial killers can't be a good place to live.

I expect our resident extremist and fellow racist will tell us he knows better than this person. ;)

I also note that there were only a handful (3?) incidents last year. Hmm - no wonder the article is from a local paper and not a national paper. Our resident troll must have got the story from an Islamophobic blog site, as usual. So sad - just hype and hate from the troll. :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: UK cops hope to prevent more abuse of teen poppy sellers Oct 22, 2012
Indeed, interesting comments:

Absolutely disgraceful that its come to this. Utterly abhorrent behaviour by those animals. But as Andy2010 says, no-one will have dared say a word for fear of being accused of racism which in turn would upset "the community."
Staggered the T&A has even allowed posts on this story given we all know that the offenders were the feral Asian youth who blight this once great city.”

Nobody would dare come to the aid of these poppy sellers because they know that if they did there would be dozens of feral asian youths around them within minutes. Girlington is not a safe place anymore and the same can be said for most of Bradford. You don't have to travel far away to see how far Bradford has sunk, and it is sinking further. I can't wait to get out and forget this hole”

But I struggle to see the relevance between BM's comment and the post you're quoting. Did the commentator say they were assualted by racists in Bradford or are you saying the post was racist for mentioning that whites had supposedly raped her/him, tortured his/her pets and all those other extraordinary things I'm supposed to believe all happened?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

I had to scroll down a bit to find that post of Shafiques. I nearly gave myself RSI :D

I had given up reading much of a muchness and LOL'd when I read the following

The reason no one will have intervened is because if they had they would have been accused of racism and would have been up in court quicker than Lance Armstrong could have cycled to the Chemist”

Thought I'd leave it on a high.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

^Sorry to have caused you the RSI scrolling through the posts of Bradfordians giving their opinions. ;)

Given you say Bradford is full of racists, by your logic we should expect many racist opinions to the article. You were spot on it seems.

I did laugh at the Armstrong quote though - but did think that Bradford must also be full of cowards too, if no one intervened when kids were being given abuse. Sad that.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: UK cops hope to prevent more abuse of teen poppy sellers Oct 23, 2012
shafique wrote:Hmm - no wonder the article is from a local paper and not a national newspaper

Cheers,
Shafique

:shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... lers.html#
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: UK Cops Hope To Prevent More Abuse Of Teen Poppy Sellers Oct 23, 2012
^Which begs the question from which Islamphobic blog the OP picked up the local story from (as he didn't quote either the DM or Telegraph).

It would be churlish to point out that the story is about young volunteers being chaperoned by adults, and not 'UK cops' :roll: - but that would be to point out the obvious point that ray's rants are rarely based on facts.

Also interesting to note the DM & Telegraph report that one of the three incidents was against two Asian cadets:

In separate incidents last year yobs also hurled abuse at two Asian girl cadets and two other sellers were sworn at in the city centre.

Hmm - perhaps the 'yobs' were racists?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well it wouldn't go down well with the 'locals' (wink face) that Asian cadets were collecting on behalf of our Armed Forces, would it, considering that they demonstrate when the local regiments return from the Middle East!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

I bow to your superior knowledge of yobs in the town you say is full of racists. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: UK Cops Hope To Prevent More Abuse Of Teen Poppy Sellers Oct 24, 2012
BMreformed wrote:I had to scroll down a bit to find that post of Shafiques. I nearly gave myself RSI
Shafique's used to the repetitive motion caused from readin his own posts.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

And reposting his own posts. Lol. It's like Tourette's :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

As expected, when master-hater ray is exposed for getting facts wrong again in his usual hype and hate rant, he reverts to lame insults. Sigh.

:mrgreen:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I had to reread that. I thought you were calling Ray a master-bater.

I should have gone to Specsavers :P
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: UK cops hope to prevent more abuse of teen poppy sellers Nov 08, 2012
It's not possible to prevent without making people aware .
Because a country can be okay if there all people wish .
It's a tradition there and a lot of people love to do that so ..... :)
islamic education
ali12
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk