Looking For Firewall Appliance

Topic locked
looking for Firewall Appliance Apr 27, 2009
Im looking for a firewall appliance to secure our company's network.
We are around 500 users, can anybody from IT vendors suggest a few reputable brand names?

fraenheit69000
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 27, 2009
Are you looking for software or hardware firewalls?
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 27, 2009
Hardware firewall buddy.
fraenheit69000
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 27, 2009
Unfortunately, Cisco's the only brand that seems to be easy to get here. Is that in your budget? I've seen a few higher end D-Links but I doubt they have the capacity you require. There are some other available brands but not sure of their immediate availability (Watchguard and Fortinet).

Have you considered building your own? It might come out cheaper in the long run.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 27, 2009
- Kerio Winroute Firewall -

Has VERY RICH reporting system. If you like charts and nicely detailed reports.

http://www.kerio.com/kwf_home.html
guest999

Apr 28, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Unfortunately, Cisco's the only brand that seems to be easy to get here. Is that in your budget? I've seen a few higher end D-Links but I doubt they have the capacity you require. There are some other available brands but not sure of their immediate availability (Watchguard and Fortinet).

Have you considered building your own? It might come out cheaper in the long run.

Budget is not a problem, so I prefer to buy an appliance rather than to build one. Im also concerned about the local support and maintenance of the product. My friend suggest juniper, cisco, checkpoint and Fortinet. Any comment on this product, specially for those who are using these products already.
fraenheit69000
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 28, 2009
[quote="Not_Sure"]- Kerio Winroute Firewall -

Has VERY RICH reporting system. If you like charts and nicely detailed reports.

reporting is a one feature that im looking at. It will be helpful to my manager. I believed most of the branded firewalls nowadays have reporting features.
fraenheit69000
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 28, 2009
fraenheit69000 wrote:Budget is not a problem, so I prefer to buy an appliance rather than to build one.

Do you work for the military or something? Budget is *always* a problem here in the civilian world ;)

fraenheit69000 wrote:Im also concerned about the local support and maintenance of the product. My friend suggest juniper, cisco, checkpoint and Fortinet. Any comment on this product, specially for those who are using these products already.

Cisco is the market leader here (not saying they're the best) so they have the most available support but be prepared to pay significantly more. I hear mostly good things about Juniper's and Checkpoint's hardware but I have also heard of unresponsive support from Checkpoint.

That being said, I'm not the best source for info on hardware firewalls — especially not enterprise level.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 21, 2009
who said just cisco...!...
a lot of linux-based firewalls all around and for free.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 04, 2009
Cisco ASA 5501 probaly cost $500
voicebootcamp
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 30, 2009
I'd be happy to help you out. I build custom firewalls for a living.
24x7 local support is available as well.

Google 'kannayath' for more information.
kannayath
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Looking For Firewall Appliance Feb 03, 2016
This pos system is not bad also, this is from Singapore.
kerrynbaby
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk