Keyboard Not Working

Topic locked
Keyboard not working May 10, 2009
Hi

I need help. My keyboard is not working now. It is a desktop computer. Keyboard p2s. It was working properly. One day suddenly it stoped working. I have noticed that it is working on bios (the number lock and caps are lighting up). However, once it is Windows, the keyboard is not working.

I have tryed some tricks like changing the keyboard and connecting a USB keyboard, changing the USB Mouse to 'disable' in the BIOS etc. However, still it not working. Anyone has any idea, how to solve this?

sudhakara
Dubai Forum Guest

May 10, 2009
PS2 keyboards rarely have problems in my opinion compared to USB ones, so if it is mucking up then it might be a hardware problem and it's stuffed.

Keyboards are cheap as hell so I'd just get a new one for 50 dhs. Sorry I can't help more.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Keyboard not working May 10, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:PS2 keyboards rarely have problems in my opinion compared to USB ones, so if it is mucking up then it might be a hardware problem and it's stuffed.

Keyboards are cheap as hell so I'd just get a new one for 50 dhs. Sorry I can't help more.

Dear Captain Australia,

It is not a problem of keyboard as I tried with another keyboard and still the problem persist. i.e., even if I connect a new working keyborad, it is not working in this computer. Please advise
sudhakara
Dubai Forum Guest

May 10, 2009
Try to reset you bios and see what happens... also whats your machine and OS?
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 11, 2009
portland wrote:Try to reset you bios and see what happens... also whats your machine and OS?

OS is Windos XP. Make is DTK Computer.
sudhakara
Dubai Forum Guest

May 16, 2009
can you boot to safe mode. I assume the keyboard is not working after the OS has loaded.

Boot into safe mode and run sfc to see if any driver files (the built in drivers/vdd : keyboard.sys is corrupted or not)

if you are able to use the keyboard in safe mode, then its either the files or some spyware or malware.

BTW, are you using any accessibility features. Or you must have accidently switched on the sticky keys?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk