Du IPO Brings 109 Billion>>UAE Economy!!!

Topic locked

Are you optimistic of DU or investment 109 billion reasonable!

yes
50%
no
50%
no clue
No votes

Total votes : 2

Du IPO brings 109 billion>>UAE economy!!! Mar 22, 2006
Here u go. Fools investing on another government controlled ISP DU-http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2006/March/theuae_March693.xml&section=theuae

Isnt it ridiculous to start another govt controlled DU when fully govt owned ISP -etis sucks! Now I guess the sheikhs love dog fight shows...

Arnie would love ur comment on this

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2006
cant agree more. divesting internally into something that will be a twin to etisalat. and they have the nerve to say that they need more time for local operators to mature before allowing US telcos to come in.

isn't 15 years or more enough??? kind of contradicts when you bill etisalat as the global player and bidding left and right for other.

its 10 steps forward, 25 back....and back...and back....untill the bubble bursts i guess.
vicarage
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 16, 2006
vicarage wrote:cant agree more. divesting internally into something that will be a twin to etisalat. and they have the nerve to say that they need more time for local operators to mature before allowing US telcos to come in.

They're not saying that. WTO timeframe says carry on till 2015 but US wants liberalisation sooner. UAE says ok, move forward to 2010 but then UAE wants reciprocal access to US telecoms. US says no, so UAE says fine, will follow the original shedule. At least that's how it's reported here. Maybe the NY Post has a slightly different angle...

Anyway, the UAE are probably still annoyed about the DP World nonsense last month. As they should be.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 16, 2006
yes and no...its more of a tit for tat right now as reported yesterday - which in my opinion was uncalled for. it made the UAE look very foolish and childish to state that.

I dont know. I guess that is one argument that will always baffle folks.
vicarage
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk