HTC Wizard/ I Mate K-Jam OS Upgrade

Topic locked
HTC Wizard/ I Mate K-Jam OS Upgrade Jul 29, 2007
Time to lament about the lack of info and support on the upgrades.. Has anyone tried upgrading an i-Mate K-Jam/htc wizard, OS from windows mobile 5 to windows mobile 6..? There are some sites pointing towards a ROM upgrade but no guarantee that it works perfect.. pls help with some inputs if anyone ever attempted this..

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 29, 2007
have not attempted this nor do i own a pda phone... yet!!
http://www.xda-developers.com/
site seems to have some pretty good info, read thru the users comments before trying it out yourself.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 31, 2007
thanks cheapdeal ...Ok I think i'll've to give this a miss for the time being.. Lost my cell last night.. 2 high end phones in 9 months.. time to make a buying decision.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 31, 2007
ouch, how'd ya manage to do that?
maybe you should get the nokia 1110 :D
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 31, 2007
I have O2 XDA Mini S (same as K-Jam) with latest ROM (WM5) but haven't tried nor dare to upgrade to WM6. This stupid thing is so damn slow and freeze all the time. Is all WM5-based phones problematic?

I don't think it's worth it to upgrade to WM6. Anyway, it has no power at all.

I'm changing mine soon (anyone interested?). I'm searching for the "right one". Either BlackBerry Curve, Palm, or back to proprietary smartphone (SE P1, Sam i600, etc).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 12, 2007
Windows Mobile 6
Besides the more attractive Windows Mobile 6 interface, users can experience improved performance from their calendar and address book functions etc. They will also be able to interact better with the new PC Vista Operating System.

1. New feature to allow users to personalize their incoming ring tones, reminders and alarms (MP3 or WMA formats)

2. New version of Office Mobile combines previous Word / Excel / PowerPoint applications into Office Mobile.

3. Contacts can be directly added into the Windows Live contact list

4. Emails support HTML form browsing.

Anyway you have to "Update ROM"
e-lad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2007
e-lad wrote:Windows Mobile 6
Besides the more attractive Windows Mobile 6 interface, users can experience improved performance from their calendar and address book functions etc. They will also be able to interact better with the new PC Vista Operating System.

1. New feature to allow users to personalize their incoming ring tones, reminders and alarms (MP3 or WMA formats)

2. New version of Office Mobile combines previous Word / Excel / PowerPoint applications into Office Mobile.

3. Contacts can be directly added into the Windows Live contact list

4. Emails support HTML form browsing.

Anyway you have to "Update ROM"

1. WM5 already supports MP3 as ringtone. Unfortunately it's missing in the File Explorer's tap. Use a small freeware patch. I did mine at it works fine.

2. Only when you use Office 2007. Office 2003 works fine with WM5.

3. Only when you use "spam-full" Windows Live account for email.

4. Only when you online (GPRS/Wi-fi) all the time.

In my opinion there's no such big improvements in WM6 over WM5.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk