How Do You Change SSID Code On A Wireless Router?

Topic locked
How do you change SSID code on a wireless router? Jun 23, 2008
One person in our flat has squealed with our agreement that no one will share the SSID code with others who are not sharing with the monthly bill.

Now, these pigs are sucking the all signal from the wireless router leaving
very little strength to those who pay.

saracen
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 25, 2008
Hi,
First changeing the SSID will not solve your problem
you have to make security key on your DSL router and in this case you have to login to your router and go to the wireless page first of all add admin password or change the existing one coz any one can do as u do now. second go under security section and chose to use a security key (64, 128 and or 256) 128key is enough also if your router support wap authintication it will be more secure and thin u can add a password instead or a key coz its hard to break it down.
good luck
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 25, 2008
Hi! Thank you for sparing some time to reply.
When you say make a security key on your DSL router,
what I'm I suppose to do? Do you mean should I connect
the network cable that came with the router upon purchase
so I can log on my password. This is what I think I should do.
Can you explain further.

Thanks.
saracen
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 26, 2008
Hi Again
to log to your router configuration page you should connect to it, some routers allow you throw wireless to do or connect directly throw the cable provided with the device.
can you tell me what type and model of router you have, may be there is some special setting to it.
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 26, 2008
Hi!

I have a Siemens Gigaset SE567. I've searched for information from the internet but I did'nt get what I needed.
saracen
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 05, 2008
Hi,
sorry for late reply,
well, i didn't work on same product before but as i told you its all should look the same when you configure the basics.
all you need is to access the device byt its IP address written it into the browser address, thin choose the basic setting page from the software of the device
change the SSID as u like so thin you have to add password on the device to dont let another one do as you did.
also add security key to don't allow any one access you access point, doing this from the advanced setting page under security key tab.
hope this informative for you.
Regards
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 18, 2008
Thanks for the tips Yaskarem.
It helped for filling the pieces in the puzzle.
More power to Dubaiforums.

I hope this topic will help those
who are faced with the same
situation.
saracen
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 23, 2008
you welcome
i'm glade that help you out
cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter