How To Remove Vista From Hp Laptop??

Topic locked
How to Remove Vista from hp Laptop?? Jul 31, 2008
Hi there..
I've got a headache with my laptop and am battling against it for the past 2 weeks but no luck so far..
I bought a new laptop, hp Pavillion 6850ee with Vista Home Edition installed to it.. well.. all is fine and all is good, however, there is a tiny problem.. I HATE VISTA.. I am looking forward for my old, nice and neat Windows XP.. however, I've got stuck with the SATA Hard Disk Issue.. everytime I attempt to format the Hard Dist I end up having a screen telling me that No hard disk is found..
I do remember doing this with another laptop sometime back, but unfortunatly I forgot the method I used.. guess here comes the benefit of taking notes...
After seeking the net.. I found some folutions like donwloading the SATA driver to a floppy disk, or even integrate it on the Windows XP CD.. I tried both ways and no luck...
Would it be possible for someone around here to help me out? Am going crazy...

Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 03, 2008
hello,
as i know u have to update your BIOS with SATA driver to make the XP aple to read and write to it, coz ur laptop is for vista your bios is not ready.
any how, why u just done make daul OS on your laptop, imean after vista done and ok, install XP as a second OS and you can change the start menu to be XP first choice, i think its easier, also u will not need the SATA driver coz you will install it from vista GUI so the driver is already on. i never did it before but i think there is instruction on how to install dual OS on microsoft support page. good luck
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 04, 2008
Heya partner..
First of all I'd like to thank you deeply for your attempt and well to assist solving my issue :) and I really appreciate it and put your point in my mind as a backup plan.. hope I'll be able to return the favor one day ^.^.. well.. but I've got my solution.. and VISTA is no more on my laptop.. its a history and now the glorious XP is in play.. well.. so I guess that its only fair to post the details of the method I've taken in order to guide the others who follow.. ehm..
Ok.. so lets make things clear first, in many websites I was asked to download the SATA controller for my laptop.. and my mistake was that I was searching for the SATA Software in hp website and the Hard Disk driver in the manufacturing company's website.. by now its all clear.. what I was supposed to be looking for is the SATA Controller of the Motherboard of the Laptop.. where do you find the brand of your controller? easy, just right click on My Computer, go to Hardware, and scroll down to the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, and expand it, and there you'll find it.. for example for my laptop, hp Pavillion dv6850ee, its 82801HEM/HBM Sata AHCI Controller.. I typed it in Google and direclty led me to the following website:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-62909
download the .exe file, then run the setup. The file will be extracted into a folde that has files in it. Copy these files on a floppy disk, and your 3rd pary Sata Hard Dist Driver is ready.
The restart your laptop while the floppy disk drive is connected, go to the booting screen and select the CD-Rom to be your 1st booting device, once the blue screen appears press F6 (3rd Party drivers), and keep moving through the screens till it asks you to select the type of Hard Disk Controller you've got.. there you'll find your 82801HEM/HBM Sata AHCI Controller.. select it, and a similar screen will appear again, make the same selection, but this time it will ask you to put the floppy disk that has the SATA controller driver.. and way you go.. normal formatting and installing.. have one and say farewell for the boring Vista,, please contact me if you need any more clarifications.. I'll be happy to help those who are in need.. specially after 2 weeks of suffering.. huh.. its finally over..
Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 06, 2008
Hey Biohazard,

I also do have the same laptop but i dont seem to get the sound drivers and modem drivers for this laptop can you guide where can i get these drivers.

For the SATA problem of yours I have another work around.

In the BIOS you have a option of Native SATA Support. By default it is Enabled, just disable the same and it will work fine for you.
prinze
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 06, 2008
Heya my hp partner,,
Well.. this darn it method was listed in more that a dozen of pages.. but unfortunatly i was not able to do that...! or lets say.. FIND that..!!!! i searched my bios one time and again.. and yet no luck... darn it.. i was going crazy.. as for the drivers.. yup I do understand your feeling.. I REALLY DO.. well.. it took me a while to search for the drivers.. you can either search for the drivers through Google as i did.. and here are the names of the devices:
Modem: Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem
Sound : Realteck

or you can just drop by in MSN and you shall get it directly from.. GUESS WHO.. YUP.. MEEEEEE.. so make up your mind and either take the hard way or the easy way ^.^
Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 06, 2008
oops yups they have really changed the bios. i was able to do it earlier. As for now i will try to search for the drivers if not i will get back to u...

Thx anyways,

Prinze
prinze
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 06, 2008
Nooo problem at all Prinz.. and yeah.. just remembered now. i did not actually searched for the drivers of these 2 devices.. I only got them from the drivers installed already on the C drive on the laptop.. there is usually a folder called drivers where all the drivers are intalled.. lucky me i saved them on my external hard disk before blowing vista away.. they acually came in handy ^.^
Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 06, 2008
ya i think the folder name is SWsetup which always comes in all the HP laptops.
prinze
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 09, 2008
dude me installed the xp but having trouble with the display drivers can you pass me the link of the NVIDIA display drivers
prinze
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 09, 2008
Sure pal ^.^ however, you've got to wait.. I am on duty till 23.00 :) so till that time you've got to stand your grounds.. too bad I cant find the needed link through the duty's PC.. but no worries.. you'll get your link for sure..
Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 09, 2008
hey dude thanks a lot for the will to help but somehow i got the exe file and just installed and it worked just well for me.

thx,

Prinze.
prinze
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 09, 2008
No sweat dear.. I am happy for you :) please let me know if there are any other things I can help you with..
Biohazard
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 22, 2008
u can keep both operating systems. having windows and theme of vista software. that looks very charming and attractive i have also these two in same way.
majidpucit123
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 22, 2008
good it was an nice for you to swtich back to Vista because a lot of laptops now a days doesnt have drivers for windows XP and ppl remain stuck with
Vista for ever.
Cyberslam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 15, 2009
Hi,

Just format your C: Drive and install new operating system its very simple solution and you can easily download your laptop's driver form internet.

Regards
Arnold(Axvoice Inc)
Arnold
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 24, 2009
Arnold wrote:Hi,

Just format your C: Drive and install new operating system its very simple solution and you can easily download your laptop's driver form internet.

Regards
Arnold(Axvoice Inc)

He already explained why it wasn't easy. One year ago. Your post is rubbish!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2009
Hi Everybody,
This is Stephen, Just make sure you can get all the machine specific files from HP that you need for the earlier version of Windows. Video, Audio, Shortcut keys, ACPI and so on. Many manufacturers are not supplying XP files for machines delivered with VISTA .....
allan101
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk