Etisalat Al Shamil Wireless Modem

Topic locked
Etisalat Al shamil wireless modem Dec 09, 2007
Hi,

I'm planning to go 4 the etisalat Al shamil wireless modem connection.

Is it advisable to buy the wireless modem from etisalat or we can buy it outside?

If we can buy outside pls give me the brand/price and location where it is available?

Cheers

freakguy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 10, 2007
The one from Etisalat is just fine for the average user.

dont worry abt it.
guest999

Dec 10, 2007
Dont buy from Etisalat.
Etisalat will give u siemens speedstream and trust me its old technology.
It has issues like frequent disconnection
As soon i changed mine to US ROBOTICS, my internet is permanently connected and speed has been optimized.
If you get problems with speedstream, etisalat will not exactly help u and you wont be able to find help else where coz the item is outdated.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

US Robotics modem model number Dec 10, 2007
Hi,

Thanks for answering my query.
It would be great if you could give the exact model number, price and the location were you bought this modem.

Cheers
freakguy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 10, 2007
Its ok they provide you with a choice Aztech or another, with the same price if you want to avoid all that setting up thingy then its better for you to get etisalat one or else as mentioned above US Robotics will be a good choice.
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 10, 2007
I already had a cable modem thru etisalat, so I added a Linksys wireless router. Setup is a beach though, if your main PC is win xp and your laptop is Vista.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 12, 2007
No need for N or MIMO technology if you're only using it in your apt room. It's a lot expensive too.

I have Netgear DG834G v3 (DSL modem + 4 port routers + secure wireless G + VPN + firewall + dynamic DNS) from Carrefour for about 260 AED (could be a little cheaper at Al Ain computer plaza in Bur Dubai). It has good review on cnet. Setup is very easy and I don't have problem so far. Even I upgraded myself the firmware downloaded from Netgear site.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 25, 2007
A friend of mine have just subscribed to Al-Shamil a few weeks ago, and he got the Siemens Gigaset SE568 ADSL wireless router from Etisalat. No complaint so far, signal quality has been good.
dubai008
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 24, 2008
Hi .. I have the same modem router and was working fine with my Al shamil when they used PPPoA connection type. I used it for last one year.

This year I disconnected my old connection and took a new 512kbps connection. To my surprise, etisalat changed connection type to PPPoE. Now this modem/router drops internet connection every two hours.. Can someone please help?

xty wrote:No need for N or MIMO technology if you're only using it in your apt room. It's a lot expensive too.

I have Netgear (DSL modem + 4 port routers + secure wireless G + VPN + firewall + dynamic DNS) from Carrefour for about 260 AED (could be a little cheaper at Al Ain computer plaza in Bur Dubai). It has good review on cnet. Setup is very easy and I don't have problem so far. Even I upgraded myself the firmware downloaded from Netgear site.
bavvy
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 29, 2008
bsorc wrote:Dont buy from Etisalat.
As soon i changed mine to US ROBOTICS, my internet is permanently connected and speed has been optimized.
If you get problems with speedstream, etisalat will not exactly help u and you wont be able to find help else where coz the item is outdated.

Can you help me to configure my US Robitics.

Thanks

iac
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 06, 2008
Even I got US Robotics wireless router. Works pretty fine but the range it not really so good.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 06, 2008
I have heard about somethign called boosters.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get those in Sharjah/Dubai?
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

May 07, 2009
hi xty!

can you help me in configuring my modem? it is the same brand as yours netgear dg834g.
i just got it today because when i upgraded my laptop. the old modem will not work anymore.
thank you!
shedya
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 31, 2013
Dont buy from Etisalat.

maxiot
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Etisalat Al Shamil Wireless Modem Jan 03, 2014
Seriously? It seem to me Etisalat are getting outdated this days! ;)
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk