Weight Lost Plan!!

Topic locked
May 09, 2006
I think another point you girls or anyone who is looking to lose weight "fast" needs to consider is that your skin needs adequate time to adapt to changes in your body shape. Rapid weight loss, as appealing as it may seem, is counter productive to your overall look, as your skin is only playing catch up with the fats lost.

XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
agree 147!!

Everyone wants to lose weigth fast!!! you mean stress marks? I think stress mark is one of the issue as well, sometime even lose weight slowly or gain weight rapidly, stress marks appears and once it there you can never get rid of it.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
Not only stretch marks FP, but your skin needs time to streghten its elasticity and until such time you're left dealing with where to tuck that saggy skin.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
X, you're right. Plus any extreme weightloss over a short period of time can really screw with your body.

I was watching a recent episode of Extreme makeover - love those shows - and this guy had lost 200lbs in a year and a half! Problem was although his body underneath was lean, he was left with excess skin all over and had to have a full body lift. Basically they cut off over 12ft of loose skin - that's gross man!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
Pork rind anyone?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
OMG how did one person has 200 pounds to lose? what was his original weigth?
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
FeiPo wrote:OMG how did one person has 200 pounds to lose? what was his original weigth?

Girl you should watch those Ricki Lake shows when they bring kids on that weigh more than 250 pounds - and they're like 10!

Part of it may be genetics but I'd put my money down to the 400 pound parents bringing them on the show and saying they can't say no to their children.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
OMG, how could a 10 year old's heart support 250 pounds?????? Jezzzzzzzz
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
"Only in America"
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:See! You know in some countries they send the girls to fat farms to make them bigger, as a voluptuous woman is the epitomy of health a fertility.

Of course being overweight is not good either, but much of it has to do with self confidence too and how you carry yourself.

I see some girls and they're nothing but skin and bone, it's hideous! Plus I think if guys are honest - like DK - they like something to grab hold of! They're not called love handles for nothing - :lol:

love "love" handles... :lol: ...too thin is like looking at someone in 2D...like a peice of paper...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 09, 2006
The guy weighed 350 lbs originally. He lost the weight by exercising and basically eating nothing but raw vegetables.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:"Only in America"

That is criminal neglect and child abuse. A parent that allows that to happen should be neutered.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 09, 2006
GAB wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:"Only in America"

That is criminal neglect and child abuse. A parent that allows that to happen should be neutered.

the thing is the parents themselves weigth 500 lbs!!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
I think it's hideous to see overweight kids.

Check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/901760.stm
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
Unless it is some medical condition, to allow this to happen is disgusting. You are shortening the lifespan of the child and ensuring them of diseases such as diabetes. There is no excuse To have children is a privilege not a right and there is duty of care-balanced diet being one thing. An example of neglect here is letting your youngsters hold onto the two front seats while driving along-it is always good to see the part of the road you are going to splat on when Mummy or Daddy hits the brakes. :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai