Any One Know Of A Chinese Medical Centre In Dubai

Topic locked
Any one know of a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai Mar 28, 2006
Has anybody out here know of - better still have experience with a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai?

1. Did it help?
2. How expensive are they?
3. Any general comments?

AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 29, 2006
Ex girlfriend used to go to the Shabghai Medical Clinic next to Safestway on Big Z Rd. Don't know of the benifits but I know it never helped her PMS anyways!
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2006
hahahaha hence she is your Ex.

There is also one on Naif, i think the building is called the China Shoe Mart building or something, it is on the second floor by the supermarket.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 29, 2006
Dont quote me, but i bet there is one at the new Chinese Dragon Mart
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Any one know of a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai Mar 29, 2006
AFG wrote:Has anybody out here know of - better still have experience with a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai?

1. Did it help?
3. Any general comments?

What are you looking to do? Do you have a back pain or you just need chinese medication like herbs etc.

I know of a pretty good Chinese Medical Center at Al Ain Computer center in Bur Dubai. Its on the 2nd floor. You can try that. I think they can do Acupunture as well.
apyip
Dubai Forum User

Mar 29, 2006
Thanks everybody. I was doing some research on the net and was surprised to find few unrelated (accordingly to medical science has we know it) ailments that my little daughter has under one category. Describing her condition as too much 'Damp Heat'. Given that the diagnosis made sense, I thought a good chinese doctor could prescribe something that would help.

I will check out the Al Ain Centre and Shk Zayed road places. Any more comments welcome. I got an email from someone telling me not to go to any of the stand alone clinics as they could be unlicensed and even quacks...

As its for my little daughter I need to try and be as sure as I can.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 29, 2006
Hey AFG. There is a chinese clinic on nasar sq. which looked very nice on the out.
My aunt had a painful throat and she went to this clinic. The chinese doc did not clearly state what was causing the pain, he checked her nerve and provided her with huge bottles of sour syrup which she must take 3 times a day. The doctor is not cheap. He charged her 1800 for her visit, & had to visit him every week, which would charge her additonal. When after few weeks of medication my aunt din feel any better infact worst, we decided to take her to American Hospital where the doc said she had caught a fungus & she was absolutely fine after 1 day of medication.

Although homeopathic does not have side affects it takes very long to treat the disease and its very difficult to find a good homeopath. Good luck :)
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Chinese Medical Center Mar 29, 2006
Chinese Herbs Center (Category : mediacal herbs & foods center )

Tel: +971 4 3434811 Fax: +971 4 3434220
P.O.Box : 24827 City: Dubai
Address: Sheikh Zayed Road

Chinese Medical Center (Category : Acupuncture)

Tel: +971 4 2696922 Fax: +971 4 2696927
P.O.Box : 13155 City: Dubai
Address:
imate
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Any one know of a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai Mar 29, 2006
AFG wrote:Has anybody out here know of - better still have experience with a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai?

1. Did it help?
3. Any general comments?

hey

why do u not helps chiense in getting rid of smell of mouth? It is really hard to stand cls to them :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 29, 2006
For anybody else interested in the same, please note that the one in Al Ain Centre has

1. Relexology
2. Accupressure
3. Accupuncture

I was looking more for medicines as above they tell me are not for children.

Still have the Shk Zayed Road one to go to.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 29, 2006
BTW Thanks EJ for the warning on the Nasr Square guys. I had tried homeopathy for my daughter, the doc was not very good I feel...because deft his focus was more on the money aspect,

i.e. if I gave him a call telling him that I could not make it to the clinic but needed to know on what medicines to continue, how much etc he would say I need to examine your daughter first and he could not simply rely on my telephonic update. I would some how struggle (as I was then also expecting my second one) and get to the clinic alone with my daughter. He would not even take a look at her skin and simply listen to my update and prescribe. This happened twice with me and once my hubby took my daughter when I was hospitalised only for a repetition. The irony is that once in the clinic I would ask him to examine her and he would say there was no need for that.

We kept trying to build our trust in him...because homeopathy is supposed to take time and because as per the doc we had to be regular with our two weekly appointments. Finally, we gave up as the purpose of calling us in seemed more to get the appointment fee....and of course daughter did not improve...if anything her condition only got worse.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Any one know of a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai Mar 30, 2006

1. Did it help?
3. Any general comments?

U have to b careful inchoosing a Chinese doc, most of em are quacks....try asking someone who was alredy treated there.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 30, 2006
AFG wrote:
We kept trying to build our trust in him...because homeopathy is supposed to take time and because as per the doc we had to be regular with our two weekly appointments. Finally, we gave up as the purpose of calling us in seemed more to get the appointment fee....and of course daughter did not improve...if anything her condition only got worse.

that is a sad thing AFG. what have you decided now?
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 30, 2006
Hi EJ,

You mean with the homeopath...gave up on him, some 6 months ago.

Chinese medicine - I just checked with Dubai Herbal Centre, they do have this option now....Although my previous experience with the centre was a bit disappointing. The give you very good service as in ensuring you are comfortable and all....but the doc prescribed steroids for my daughter anyway - Herbal centre indeed!

Anybody any experience with Chinese medicine dept at Dubai Herbal Centre???
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 08, 2006
here's my experience in shanghai medical clinic in al safa..

my daughter of 7 years old experienced pain in her left thigh and began limping with the way she walks. She had no strength in her left leg. We brought her to PRIME medical center and diagnostic and xray showed that her bones (hip flexor) are normal. The doctor said that she has myositis which will be cured by medication for about 2 weeks.

2 weeks had passed and religious medications, but no improvement was noticed and it seems that it is worsening. Again, the doctor said that it was a case of tired muscles and it would take another 4 weeks to lessen the pain.

At this point, my wife and i was feeling so helpless seeing our daughter in great pain with her condition. A friend referred me to the shanghai clinic just to give it a try, meaning, check out whats in store for us with chinese medication.

We went to the clinic and upon seeing the xray of my daughter the Professor (doctor) assessed that she is suffering from slight ischemic necrosis of the femur bone.. there was uneven circulation of blood thru her vains that causes the pain and weakness of the left leg muscles. He also noted that it has been almost 5 months that my daughter has this condition and it was only hypened by strenous physical activity in school.

He recommended an herbal extract injection treatment which will help in rehabilitation of the blood circulation. He said that a 21-session therapy might be able to improve the condition but also said that it might take more than 1 year to fully recover since the condition of her bone has been severed.

Since my wife and i were in really concerned, we agreed to have the therapy. And to our surprise... after 3 days of injection therapy and massage treatment.. we saw an improvement in our daughters condition.

on the 16th session, the condition of our daughter was close to normal and even the chinese doctors were amazed by her recovery. We also helped by doing our own therapy at home.

after the 21 session, my daughter was about 80% cured. The professor advised to give her another 21 session just to continue and make it 100%. My daughter had finish the next 21 session and is back to normal condition for her leg. And as the current xray had shown, her hip, and spine and femur bones are back in place and is 100% back to normal.

We were very thankful for those doctors in shanghai medical center.

i am not selling their clinic, im just telling you what our experience under their guidance.

I can show you video of my daughters condition - before, during and after the treatment and also the xray... it is painful to see your own child injected 4-6 times per session but with the improvement in condition you would say that all is worth it.

but one thing i can say.. we had faith and never lost hope that our daughter would recover and we also helped out by doing home therapy like what the professor had instructed us to do. We were just suprised and thankful that our daughter recovered so soon.

end-
jgem
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Any one know of a Chinese Medical Centre in Dubai Apr 08, 2006
sniper420 wrote:

1. Did it help?
3. Any general comments?

U have to b careful inchoosing a Chinese doc, most of em are quacks....try asking someone who was alredy treated there.

not to cause any point of argument here... or bad mouth other chinese clinics

but shanghai medical clinic said that they are the first and only certified/licensed chinese clinic around DXB (dont know if its true but i didnt care about it during the time we were there).

oh... you can even get a reimbursement on your health benefit card :D
jgem
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 08, 2006
easternjewel wrote:Hey AFG. There is a chinese clinic on nasar sq. which looked very nice on the out.
My aunt had a painful throat and she went to this clinic. The chinese doc did not clearly state what was causing the pain, he checked her nerve and provided her with huge bottles of sour syrup which she must take 3 times a day. The doctor is not cheap. He charged her 1800 for her visit, & had to visit him every week, which would charge her additonal. When after few weeks of medication my aunt din feel any better infact worst, we decided to take her to American Hospital where the doc said she had caught a fungus & she was absolutely fine after 1 day of medication.

Although homeopathic does not have side affects it takes very long to treat the disease and its very difficult to find a good homeopath. Good luck :)

chinese medication has nothing to do with homoeopathy....
homoepathic remedies work instantaneously if the diagnosis is correct..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 08, 2006
Jgem - That sounds very interesting. My daughter does not have med ins, but I guess her health is more important. I could not get their number from yellow pages. Please can you provide me with this.

Ajoy - I know homeopathy is not related to Chinese medicine...I had got a suggestion/comment on homepathy so we digressed into details on homeopathy. I'll PM you.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 08, 2006
AFG wrote:Jgem - That sounds very interesting. My daughter does not have med ins, but I guess her health is more important. I could not get their number from yellow pages. Please can you provide me with this.

Ajoy - I know homeopathy is not related to Chinese medicine...I had got a suggestion/comment on homepathy so we digressed into details on homeopathy. I'll PM you.

shanghai medical clinic
04-3438213 / 04-3434220

receptionists name is arlyn.

HTH
jgem
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 08, 2006
Thanks
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 10, 2006
迪拜也有中医啊,嘎嘎