Ramadan

Topic locked
ramadan Aug 14, 2007
We are going to be staying in Dubai during Ramadan and wondered if you could tell us what restrictions will be at the hotels during the day? We are staying at the Burj Al Arab for 3 nights then 5 nights at Al maha. Will we still be served soft drinks and water at the pools and beach during the day? what about in the evenings...do they sell alcohol in the restaurants then? Our friends are staying at Al Qasr and they wondered if anyone knew what restrictions Al Qasr have? :?
Thanks.

maryjo
Dubai Forum User

Aug 14, 2007
As a general rule the more expensive the place the less restrictive it is
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 15, 2007
thanks Fayz, but does anyone have anymore specific info? Do they serve water and soft drinks at the beach at Burj Al Arab and Al Qasr? If they don't.....surely the beaches are going to be very empty at this time as no-one could survive the heat of the beach without having a drink!!! :?
maryjo
Dubai Forum User

Sep 04, 2007
us working classes (everyone in the forum) cant afford to stay in the burj, so you wont get an answer, just call the hotel and ask.

im sure you will be able to get the drinks u want, just maybe not in public view
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 04, 2007
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply. Just a quick reply to your comment though, about everyone on this forum being "working class" and therefore could not afford to stay at The Burj!!!!!
Well, I am working class!!! In fact, I work full time as a staff nurse as well as working part time in a small travel agency....and look after our disabled son. When we go on holiday, we "spoil ourselves" and save very hard for our holidays. We can only go for around 8 nights maximum on holiday as we would not leave our son, who goes up to stay at a children's hospice, for any longer. As we cannot go, like most other people for 2 weeks, we tend to splurge out for the week, although The Burj is definately a "one off". So you are wrong about people on this forum not likely to go to The Burj.
So, hopefully other working class people reading this will maybe have more info for me on the subject of Ramadan.
Cheers,
maryjo
Dubai Forum User

Sep 04, 2007
Hey, im sure you would enjoy your stay at Burj Al Arab, I called and asked if they would serv drinks at the pool and they said yes, forgot to ask about alcohol though, sorry :?
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 06, 2007
Thanks Hamadl,
much appreciated. As long as we can have water to drink at the pool or beach that will be fine. We don't normally drink alcohol until the evening anyway.
maryjo
Dubai Forum User

Sep 06, 2007
Ahh... you do realise it's still frickin hot.

Water or no water... you'd have to be mad or british to hang out by a pool in this weather.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 20, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Water or no water... you'd have to be mad or british to hang out by a pool in this weather.

Ah, confirmation of my madness then :mrgreen:

Some info - Ramadan in Dubai
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos