ebookmania
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 02, 2006
Airport Departures is pritty good.
Alyapal
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 05, 2006
That´s a bit hard :roll:

but it´s true :lol:. seriously there is not more to see then your tourist guide already suggests to see(if you have the brand new edition)
maybe the mall of the emirates is not mentioned yet (with ski dubai) enjoy.

saymen
saymen
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 05, 2006
Boring boring boring boring. Please people give some decent answers. Tourist giude? Please get the lonely planet guide! They're the best.

My friend has a really nice book on Dubai that gave nice walks around various attractions although it might be a bit hot now.

OK, go to Heritage Village next to Shindigha Tunnel, check that out for a while. Walk along to the creek, HSBC bank area. Take Abra (water taxi) cost 50fils (half a Dirham each) to the other side of the creek, visit the spice and gold souks - nice nice nice, barter and haggle to your hearts content. If you like more of the same, visit Karama for cheap clothing and knock off designer goods, they call them genuine fakes because the knock offs are mostloy made by the people that make the real thing, they are infact also pretty much the really thing just a smigen of the price.

For kids, Wild Wadi - a good day out, but getting pricey right now.

Take a Desert Safari, but don't each before going, high risk of chundering. Includes dune bashing in 4x4's, arabic mezze meal at a desert camp, belly dancing, camel riding and quad biking at an extra cost - many reputable companies aropund Dubai, book through hotel of search net for best deal.

Lots of shopping malls to bash the credit card.

Loads of beaches for lounging around.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 05, 2006
@ chocoholic

hmm, yes forgot about the dow thing at the greek. that´s nice and worth it going indeed.

Dubai Marine Beach resort for a cocktail, Jumeirah Beach (wild one) for a nice eve at the beach(but if you are tourist you can do that every day/night)

desert safari (i highly recommend HATTA) then a own trip safari as well -Rent a Jeep - Hatta Pools. Hey don´t forget Abu Dhabi, i actually like the city.

Sharjah - the gold souk area is also worth going.

But as far as i believe all these places are recommended in the common tourist guides
saymen
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 05, 2006
When ever people came to visit me, from all the bunch of stuff we did, their favourite was always taking an abbra for a creek tour. If you get to either side of the creek where the abbras are stationed. Best going around 10am on a week day when most of the public are at work. Barter with an abbra guy thre's loads doing nothing, and say you want to see the entrie creek from the entrance up past the fish market right down to the creek golf course. Cost around 50 dhs. Great over view of Dubai.

Also on a clear day have a cocktail in Vu's at the top of Emirates Towers, where you can see over the entire city.

Go down to DOSC or DIMC and get a sail guide around Palm Island.
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 05, 2006
Another one if you get the time and are looking for a nice exclusive getaway, head for the Bab Al Shams resort. It is right out in the desert next to the Endurance Racing track. Beautiful hotel and the outdoor restaurant is an absolute stunner. Prices are quite reasonable as well considering!

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Best Places in Dubai Apr 08, 2006
There are many good places in Dubai. This place is not sufficient to describe.

But I can recommend Jumeirah - everythin in this part of DXB. And Dubai Creek, especially by night.

There is a Bistro called Apple on the 3rd floor with a big terrace. There you can eat in the late evening and have a view over Dubai by night.

Wonderful!
dubailady
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 08, 2006
Alyapal wrote:Airport Departures is pritty good.

kekekeke nice one :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2006
The Stable tour at Nad Al Sheba is a must if you are visiting Dubai, and the bonus is they feed you the best English breakfeast in Dubai as well.
Alyapal
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 08, 2006
Heaps of things to do!! The malls are a treat for the eyes esp. little kids- Mall of the Emirates has magic planet and ski Dubai, Ibn Battuta is a visual beauty, the race course is just amazing to see, dune bashing, go to the beach (Jumeirah Beach gives the Burj as a backdrop), try a shawarma, go to Al Reef bakery, leave the kids in Wafi City playing games, roller blading etc while you shop and then go to Wafi Gourmet for the best ice cream and something to eat, go to the pictures, go for a dinner cruise on a dhow, take an abra, go to Wild Wadi, walk around the souks -the gold souq is dazzling, get your wife to have threading on her eyebrows (ouch!! :lol: ), do the spa bit, have a manicure and pedicure (good for young girls), get henna done on your hands, walk around the Madinat Jumeirah and eat alfresco, try shisha, walk around Satwa, go to Karama for bargains, go to Dragonmart for more bargain, go ice skating (Al Nasir leisureland or I heard the Hyatt is good plus you can do a decadent chocolate buffet after!!), hot airballooning (www.turnertraveldubai.com), take the Big Bus tour or the Wonder Bus- duck that does the land and creek tour leaving from the Burjuman, creekside park has a cable car, do a Mosque tour, go to the Dubai Zoo-walking distance from the Mercato shopping mall-some people criticise this place but the animals are well cared for and the gorilla and its mate are awesome, visit heritage sites like the Bastakiya, Heritage and Diving Village etc (www.dubaitourism.ae),stuff your own bear at the bear factory and dress him/her in traditional dress and take a camel ride on the beach.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 08, 2006
Go to Wafi Mall and have a fight with a sink in the ladies loo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 09, 2006
Up yours buddy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 09, 2006
GAB wrote:Up yours buddy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 09, 2006

Gab! Do tell, pleeeeeaaasse sweetie!

:wink:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 09, 2006
:lol: :lol: Wafi is a crash zone for me!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 09, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

all i can say DK, is that Gabs will have probs getting the right words out at Christmas

ie

Wudolf the Wed Nose Weindeer

also reporting crime is a prob at the mo

ie

wobbers and wascals

and speaking names

ie

woderick, woger, wula, wobert, wachael, wobbie, wichard etc

arniegang

Apr 09, 2006
One of my fav views in Dubai is from the 14th floor at the Creek Hilton. There is a bar up there next to the pool and its lovely to sit there with a beer or five watching Dubai all around you! Watch how much you drink though as it's a long way doen :shock:
Airmedic
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

all i can say DK, is that Gabs will have probs getting the right words out at Christmas

ie

Wudolf the Wed Nose Weindeer

also reporting crime is a prob at the mo

ie

wobbers and wascals

and speaking names

ie

woderick, woger, wula, wobert, wachael, wobbie, wichard etc

Arnie: Has anyone ever told you you have a sick sense of humour? But I love it! Nearly wet meself!
Gabs...it sounds painful and twaumatic and obviously wefers to the growing teeth thing on the post about the twee that cannot be named...
Pissed were you?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 10, 2006
DK

Gabs will deny as too whether she was under the influence, but i fully intend to extwact the twuth from Mr Gab when we meet up.

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:DK

Gabs will deny as too whether she was under the influence, but i fully intend to extwact the twuth from Mr Gab when we meet up.

:lol: :lol:

You are thuwerly, thuwerly woothless!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 10, 2006
But mainly a wascal who loves little wabbits

arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
:) Is Gab's favourite song the Gween Gween Gwass of home?

:lol:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2006
Ah, laughing at someone elses misfortunes!! :lol: :lol: My kind of sense of humour. And my washcally darlingsh- if you heard me sing you'd wish you were deaf..................not a prob. for Arnie he just takes the batteries out of the hearing aid! :P
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2006
GAB wrote:Ah, laughing at someone elses misfortunes!! :lol: :lol: My kind of sense of humour. And my washcally darlingsh- if you heard me sing you'd wish you were deaf..................not a prob. for Arnie he just takes the batteries out of the hearing aid! :P

What you say Gabs ??- dam need new batteries

:lol:
arniegang

Apr 12, 2006
:lol: :lol: I'll have to resort to sign language!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2006
you mean as in "the finger" "the bird" and the V ??

arniegang

Apr 13, 2006
:lol: Your hearing may be failing but I think you may be able to read minds!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 13, 2006
GAB wrote::lol: Your hearing may be failing but I think you may be able to read minds!! :lol:

I used to be a 'Weather Man'...I could look into a girls eyes and tell whether...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 13, 2006
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos