Dungeons And Dragons

Topic locked
Dungeons and Dragons Mar 11, 2009
Anyone here play or is interested in playing Dungeons and Dragons? I recently got into 4th edition and started playing with some friends but they've all gotten pretty busy lately.

gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
/raises hand...

been in the country 5 weeks and need my gaming fix :)
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

Mar 24, 2009
Oh sweet. I finally got a response! Where do you stay (don't need anything specific)? Are you a regular or just a casual guy? I *just* got into so we're really casual and not rule-sticklers at all.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Oh sweet. I finally got a response! Where do you stay (don't need anything specific)? Are you a regular or just a casual guy? I *just* got into so we're really casual and not rule-sticklers at all.

I was going to ask the same question in a couple of weeks. I haven't played in far too long.
I'm a 2nd Edition Vet, playing since 1990. Where are you guys based?
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 03, 2009
My group hasn't played in months. Are you in Dubai?
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:My group hasn't played in months. Are you in Dubai?

I am indeed. How many were you?
I don't know any players here, most of my friends are more likely to think I've spent too long in the Irish Village if I were to suggest a evening hunting kobolds with strange dice in an imaginary dungeon!
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 03, 2009
There were 6 of us including me as DM. We were doing 4th edition since I was able to pick up the core rulebooks from Kinokuniya in Dubai Mall. I'd really love to play again but I think everyone else lost interest/got busy with other things.

Have you tried 4th ed?
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
I always wanted to play this...sob
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:There were 6 of us including me as DM. We were doing 4th edition since I was able to pick up the core rulebooks from Kinokuniya in Dubai Mall. I'd really love to play again but I think everyone else lost interest/got busy with other things.

Have you tried 4th ed?

Busy adult life...it was easier in University :)

I haven't played 4th ed, but tried 3rd...and hated it. It felt like a merging of ICE into what had been a streamlined 2nd Ed.
I understand 4th is a cleaned up version of 3rd ed.

I'm happy to DM 2nd ed...know the rules pretty well and for newbies its a lot simpler.
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 03, 2009
portland wrote:I always wanted to play this...sob

If you are still in Dubai, then why not.

I'm back in Europe over the next fortnight and then going villa hunting. I can bring back core rule books from Europe and am happy to DM from there.
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 03, 2009
I never played much 3rd or 3.5 either. I started with 2nd ed in college but I didn't stick with it and now we have 4th edition. But you know how it goes, rules are just there to be used as a storytelling framework anyway.

Portland, have you ever played? Whereabouts do you live in Dubai (nothing specific)?
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
There are four of us posted to this thread and one of us appears to know a couple more.

Is it worth organising a meet up over a few pints and talk this out?
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 04, 2009
Get a few more post counts so you can use the PM functionality. Two of my friends that played before are out of the country for a couple of weeks. Maybe we can do something when they get back.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Get a few more post counts so you can use the PM functionality. Two of my friends that played before are out of the country for a couple of weeks. Maybe we can do something when they get back.

Okay. I've seen the pm option, I'll see if I can use it, if so I'll send you my email address.

I'm away the next fortnight so timing wise this works.
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 04, 2009
Apparently I need 10 useful posts...this would be 7!
I'm off to be useful 3 more times :)
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 04, 2009
Want to roll a 4th ed character in case we decide to play? :)
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
Unless you wanna DM that is.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
I'll DM, but it would be 2nd ed. I didn't take to 4th ed rules...felt like Rolemaster...stub a toe and die of internal bleeding.

I'll play 4ed though :)
Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 04, 2009
Hi, got a PM ... cannot read it because of the Magic 10

I presume its re this?

I have 4th Ed books on the way in a ship... have them on pdf on my laptop...

Am probably most comfortable with 4th Ed and I think its probably the best rule set ever.... and I have been playing since 1986.

I live in the Green Community in the Dubai Investment Park

Clay
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 04, 2009
PS - I can DM 4th Ed :-)
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 04, 2009
9th post
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 05, 2009
I actually don't remember if I sent you a PM or not. Regardless, where have you been? You kinda left me hanging after your first post when I got so excited :p
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
Sorry... I had just moved here and real life got in the way...

I got a PM from Khelben and have since emailed him directly...

He seems to be the one organising the initial get together for a beer. We're both travelling to Europe this month, and I get back on the morning of the 22nd, so the get together may be after that.

Clay
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 07, 2009
No worries. Btw, just out of curiosity, how old are you guys? Not that it matters either way :)
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:No worries. Btw, just out of curiosity, how old are you guys? Not that it matters either way :)

Khelben
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 07, 2009
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 10, 2009
AussieClay
Dubai Forum User

May 11, 2009
Woohoo! I'm the youngest! Erm. Maybe not such a good thing? Maybe I shouldn't DM :D
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 14, 2009
If you manage to play on a normal basis, give me a shout on the forum.

I've only played 3.5 and will not bother buying 4e unless there is a solid group interested in gaming it. :)
ayman76
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 14, 2009
Hi Ayman. Welcome!
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Games LoungeForum Rules

Return to Dubai Games Lounge