Working For A Company Based Outside UAE

Topic locked
Working for a company based outside UAE Aug 28, 2006
Hello All,

Hopefully one of you may have some experience / information you could share with me to shed some light on my current situation.

My Girlfriend has been offered a great position for a company based in Dubai and she has excepted as its a good opportunity for her. We both currently live in UK and our full UK citizens. Naturally I also wish to join her out in Dubai.

To my present suprise after discussing this with my boss, he said that they (my employers) would be happy to continue to employ me whilst being based in Dubai.

I work for a successful American IT corporation with offices in the US, UK, India and Malaysia.

So I am now trying to find out the best way to obtain a Residency / Work Visa for myself. My girlfriend will be sponsored by her new employers.

To obtain a visa to stay and work for my present company would i need to set up an office or would a letter from my company suffice? Or would i need to have Sponsor still?

My plan will be to work from home as it may be difficult to get my company to rent a work premises because my work are agreeing to employ me from Dubai rather then asking me to relocate.

Many thanks in advance if any one can help.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 29, 2006
How serious are you and your Girlfriend? If serious enough the easiest thing to do assuming she will be making enough coin at her Dubai job is get hitched then have her sponser you.

I get mixed reports on women being able to sponser their husbands but I know of 3 real examples where this has happened with no problems so it must be possible.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 29, 2006
Otherwise you can apply for a visa through the Freezone as a Freelancer. Go to www.dubaiinternetcity.ae for details.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 29, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Otherwise you can apply for a visa through the Freezone as a Freelancer. Go to www.dubaiinternetcity.ae for details.

This looks like it may be my ticket - has anyone been approved via the above process.

fayz - that may be on the cards, but would rather marry under less quick fire conditions :)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Aug 29, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Otherwise you can apply for a visa through the Freezone as a Freelancer. Go to www.dubaiinternetcity.ae for details.

This looks like it may be my ticket - has anyone been approved via the above process.

fayz - that may be on the cards, but would rather marry under less quick fire conditions :)

You should also be aware that it is illegal to live with a person of the opposite sex unless you are related or married.

Has your Company any plans to establish here in Dubai, if so this is fairly easy to arrange?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006

Ian cant find that part for a freelance visa! :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 29, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:fayz - that may be on the cards, but would rather marry under less quick fire conditions :)

If a shot gun isn't involved it ain't a wedding. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 29, 2006
zam wrote:

Ian cant find that part for a freelance visa! :roll:

I have the exact link buried in my inbox, I'll dig it out for you later.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 30, 2006
please please please please :lol:

Thanks in advance!
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum