Work Permit Question

Topic locked
Work Permit Question Apr 18, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just want to know what are the requirement to get a work permit or labor card in dubai, what are the medical test should i undergo, and if the medical test result of mine is positive on HB could i still work? even though my work is a computer programmer?

Thanks,
Omle

omle
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 18, 2007
in simple steps

1. you have to secure a job.
2. the employer provides u with employment permit.
3. you have to go through a medical before ur residency is stamped on ur passport, failing of the medical means u dont get ur residency(employment visa).
4. regarding Hepatitis B i guess its on the red list, if i am wrong someone will correct me.

You can come here on a visit visa and search for a job.

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Thanks Jeevan,

I was searching in this forum and found out that if you are tested positive on HB but your work is not on hospital or something to do with contacts to people they will allow you to work. I hope somebody can explain it to me clearly.

Thanks again,
Omle
omle
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 18, 2007
someone will come up with an answer soon
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just got an info on the website of Department of Health & Medical Services of Dubai UAE:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rules & regulation

Any person working as a food handler i.e. Food Industry, Restaurant, Housemaids, etc.
This category-screening package includes:
- HIV test.
- HBV test.
- Chest X-ray.
Interpretation: Positive result of any test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.
Same tests will be done for Visa renewal.
Any person with Visa category as a Dependant (Housewives, Fathers, Mothers, etc.)
Only HIV test is required for both New cases and Visa renewal.
Test Interpretation: Positive result of the test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.
All other categories:
The screening package for new cases is:

HIV
Chest X-ray.
For Visa renewal: Only HIV test is required.
Interpretation: Positive result of the test will render the individual unfit to work in Dubai, U.A.E.

Procedure
The following are required in order to obtain this service:

Valid Health Card from Department of Health and Medical Services, Government of Dubai.
Medical Fitness Certificate that can be purchased in Department of Health, Health Card Section situated in Rashid Hospital or can be purchased in Medical Fitness Centres in Al Maktoum Health Centre or Jebel Ali Clinic Medical Fitness..
Certificate must be typed in Arabic language.
Service Location
Al Maktoum Medical Fitness Clinic is situated in “Al Maktoum Hospital”.Near the Fish Roundabout.
TelephoneContact: 04-2196666

Jebel Ali Medical Fitness Clinic is situated in Jebel Ali Village.
Telephone Number: 04-8846601
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Can anyone clarify on this? pls pls pls pls
omle
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 23, 2007
Hi everyone!

Im already here in dubai and got a employment visa already tomorrow I will be having my medical fitness exam so i guess I have to try it my self if what I read in the website of Department of Health & Medical Services of Dubai UAE is true about the screening package for different type of work category, coz tomorrow i will be having my medical fitness exam, so may all of us be bless by god and help me pass the exam.

Omle
omle
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 23, 2007
omle wrote:Hi everyone!

Im already here in dubai and got a employment visa already tomorrow I will be having my medical fitness exam so i guess I have to try it my self if what I read in the website of Department of Health & Medical Services of Dubai UAE is true about the screening package for different type of work category, coz tomorrow i will be having my medical fitness exam, so may all of us be bless by god and help me pass the exam.

Omle

good luck. study hard.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

hai omle,we r in the same arena reg MED FIT Apr 23, 2007
dear omle,
hope so by now you are in relief after the medical fitness.iam praying everything should have gone well.
i also like to know about the case of eligibility for HB positive for employment other than health dept and for dependants also
if u know abt this kindly send me .
regards
Sume
sume
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 28, 2007
Hi Sume,

Thanks for the prayer! but the result of my medical is not yet been release I just pray that my medical result will be a good news for me and for other people who are suffering on this virus. I will let you know as soon I got the result.

thanks,
Omle
omle
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 28, 2007
Having researched this before when it came up, the info I found was the same as you have posted. So long as the HB sufferer is not in an industry where there is a possible chance of infecting others, you should be ok. BUt fingers crossed for you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 30, 2007
Hi everyone!

I'm back I already got the result of my medical exam and I pass or should I say Im clear of any infectious disease, so i guess this answered all the question regarding HB.

God Bless to all!!!
omle
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum