Work Experience

Topic locked
work experience Jun 20, 2005
I'm a student and i really need some work experience before uni. In england jobs like this are much more accessible but im not sure about in Dubai. Please help if anyone knows of any places offering work like this

bronzedoll
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 20, 2005
It really depends what you want to do.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

student work Jun 24, 2005
its difficult - if not impossible to take student on for "casual" employment, as you have to have a labour card to be able to work. Minimum age for employment is 17 (almost certain, although if you have a look through the papers you will find instances where there are domestics who are much younger than this).

Normally if you are on a student visa or are still under the sponsorship of your father/ mother you won't be able to get a labour card - student visa actually prohibits working.

most companies will not employ students (legally) as to obtain a labour card, medical and lodge all the deposits costs money; and a student can normally only work when they are not studying!

I think it is possible to work under your parents/ fathers sponsorship (like many married women do), and simply pay for the labour card yourself, seem to recollect that this is about 1,000 aed and has to be renewed every 1 year and not 3 years like a normal labour card.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum