What The Hell Is Visa Sponsor Ship Letter?

Topic locked
What The Hell Is Visa Sponsor Ship Letter? Dec 14, 2008
I got my university saying.. pay us this much and we will send you a visa sponsorship.. Now the question is;

what to do with visa sponsorship letter? i mean is it enough for me to just take that letter to airport and fly to UAE ? who will put a visa stamp on my valid passport ? UAE embassy here in my country or someone at dubai airport? kindly clarify

Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 15, 2008
19 views and still no body?
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 15, 2008
hi
where r u from? and why u coming to dubai?
why u didn't ask the embasy in ur country about that university?
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 15, 2008
where r u from? and why u coming to dubai?
iam sorry.. but its stupid question

why u didn't ask the embassy in ur country about that university?
again.. its like you answering "why dont you ask the doctor" to somebody who wants some information on a disease.
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 15, 2008
hi again
-where r u from? is because some nationalities is not need any visa or sponsers to be able to enter the country.
-why u coming to dubai? is asking about the reason, study, work, visit and tourism? its different ways to enter the country and each have its proccess for visa.
why u didn't ask the embassy in ur country about that university? it's to know what type of letters the university talk about, the embassy is the place of the information about the country you want to visit, and you r the one who want the answeres.

and you r welcome any time
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 15, 2008
got my university saying.. pay us this much and we will send you a visa sponsorship.. Now the question is;

what to do with visa sponsorship letter? i mean is it enough for me to just take that letter to airport and fly to UAE ? who will put a visa stamp on my valid passport ? UAE embassy here in my country or someone at dubai airport? kindly clarify

I agree with the above post, you have to explain your situation as best as possible so that someone can give you the correct information. Sometimes the answers aren't simply straightforward it helps to be as specific as possible.

In your case there are a few things I’d do. Firstly make sure that the university is actually a registered and accredited university. the last thing you want to do is send off cash to someone running a scam; additionally it was recently found that there are a number of educational institutions that are offering unaccredited courses - this means basically the "degree" is not recognised and not worth the paper its printed on.

I would assume however that if they can provide you with a Student Visa - which is what they are supposed to do, then they should be accredited.

A Student Visa is what you require. The education institution must supply this for you, it should be included as part of the course fees. It is no point taking a letter from the institution to a UAE consulate, they cannot grant you temporary residency status on the basis of this - you need to be sponsored for residency by the institution.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 17, 2008
dxbsoul.. you almost answered everything without getting the information.. :)

You are absolutely right about the university accreditation.. Its one of rare foreign universities which is recognized by UAE education ministry its self..

They are sponsoring my visa.. the only ambiguity i have is, that normally when a country provides you a visa they ask for original passport and place a visa stamp on it.. But here university will only grant Visa sponsorship letter. now when i'll be moving into airport.. will they let me fly to dubai with just visa sponsorship letter or somebody from embassy will be putting stamps on passport before i can fly?
Electro
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 17, 2008
Okay, I see what you mean. In the case of the UAE the original passport is required to enter the residency stamp.

Normally what they issue to visitors is an electronic generated entry visa; this is bar-coded and scanned into the immigration terminal when you enter - this basically; once you are in the country they will take your passport and have the stamp entered into it. The e-visa is simply printed on a standard printer and presented to the airline staff at departure. Normally they won’t even let you on the plane unless you have a visa. I’d suggest the easiest way to check this is to call the airline that you are booked through – even better call Emirates (in the country you will be leaving from) as they are pretty much on top of the paperwork requirements and procedures.

When passing through immigration into Dubai keep all the paperwork you have with you, this should include the receipt of payment for the course as well as any other documents provided by the University (just in case you are required to produce them).

They (the university) should however ask you for a passport photo (or a good quality scanned passport photo) and a copy of your passport with which to make the application entry in the department of immigration’s computer system.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum