What Happens If I Leave My Bank Account Open

Topic locked
what happens if i leave my bank account open Apr 06, 2008
Hi,

I am in India and now planning to get my employment visa cancelled and work in india. But would like to visit dubai in future for recreation on a visit visa.

Can someone tell me, what will happen to my bank account once my visa gets cancelled, if i do not take my money before cancellation.

(1) Will the bank confiscate my money?
(2) Can i transfer my money to India, after cancellation of visa?

Please guide.

Thanks

shadzaman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: what happens if i leave my bank account open Apr 06, 2008
shadzaman wrote:Hi,

I am in India and now planning to get my employment visa cancelled and work in india. But would like to visit dubai in future for recreation on a visit visa.

Can someone tell me, what will happen to my bank account once my visa gets cancelled, if i do not take my money before cancellation.

(1) Will the bank confiscate my money?
(2) Can i transfer my money to India, after cancellation of visa?

Please guide.

Thanks

If your Company provided you with a letter of reference when you opened the account they may inform the Bank that you are leaving their employ. In this case the Bank may freeze the account, depends on the Bank. Better to withdraw your money prior to cancellation unless you have a specific reason for not doing so.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 06, 2008
Some banks check if there's no activity within few months (e.g. 6-12 months) on the account then they will inactivate it regardless of there's money or not. Check with your bank.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum