Visiting Dubai

Topic locked
Visiting Dubai Aug 04, 2009
Can some one please tell what are the tourist attractions that would be nice to visit when visiting Dubai?

Cheers.

Scars
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 04, 2009
Here's a small selection (not meant to be exhaustive, just a sampler):

Water Parks: Wild Wadi, Aquaventure (& Atlantis into the bargain)

Bit of culture: Dubai museum, Sheik Mo Heritage Centre, The Creek, Bastika

Shopping with attractions: Dubai Mall, Mall of The Emirates

Shopping with a bit of local culture: Gold Souk, Textile Souk, Spice Souk, any other Souk

Shopping with genuine fakes: Karama

Activities: Desert Safari a must, loads others eg tour over Palm's, World Islands etc in a seaplane from Jebel Ali Resort & Spa

Food and ambience, views (& drinks!): Madinat Jumeira

Ridiculously oppulent hotels: Burj Al Arab, Al Qasr

PS come between late September and May as quite hot & humid otherwise (still all do-able during summer tho, bring lots of shower gel and deodorant!)

Buy a copy of Dubai explorer

You'll enjoy it.
Richardson
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 05, 2009
Scars ,

For more information on what to see , go to www.visit-dubai.co.uk .
Richardson has listed some attractions. Here are a few more:-

Burj Dubai ......the tallest building in the world......for now ! Very impressive!!

The hotel architecture around Jumeirah Beach .....plus the beaches and opulent hotel grounds !

Palm Jumeirah is really worth seeing.

The architecture of Sheikh Zayed Road. Some of the high rises are very attractive modern designs .

I like walking along Dubai Creek , away from traffic, and watching the traditional Arab dhows ply their trade.

The Gold Souk is a MUST. See "Dubai Gold Souk" on www.visit-dubai.co.uk . It is a fascinating place, as are the Spice Souk; Perfume Souk and Fish Souk.

Try seeing a Camel Race or even a horse race. Arab bloodstock is the basis of all the finest flat racing horses in the world. The Godolphin Stud of Sheikh Mohammed is amongst the finest in the world.
Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe ,Derby and other classic winners are bred by the Arab Sheikhs of the Gulf States.
They take justifiable pride in their valuable racehorses.
The Ski Slope in Mall of the Emirates is interesting and wonderfully cool and refreshing in hot sticky weather.

If you are in the UK , look up www.cardiganisland.com in Wales. Seals and dolphins in the wild and better scenery than the Middle East.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
A Big Bus Tour is worth taking as you cover a fair bit of the city in a few hours - and in comfort. I recommend the 'red tour' that takes you around the older areas, but no reason not to do both.

I always send my visitors on this.

google 'big bus dubai' for info

-
Elphaba
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 11, 2009
Here's a simple Dubai visitor guide with a list of some tourist sites. Agree the big bus tour is a good way to start. I'd suggest Deira souk area, Bastakiya, heritage area near Shindagha.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum