Visa Transfer To Free Zone

Topic locked
Visa transfer to Free Zone Oct 07, 2007
I resigned from my company in Dubai and had a job in offer in Dubai but can't transfer due to the new NOC rule.

My labour card is cancelled but residence visa is yet to be cancelled. I am living in Dubai for last 6 yrs. If I get a job in a free zone, can I transfer my visa to free zone without exiting the country? Do i need to cancel my and my family residence visa first?

This is all presuming that I will not be needing the NOC and the 6 month ban doesn't apply in free zone. Am I correct is presuming that?

schandel
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 07, 2007
yes, but i'd suggest getting a job before cancelling your families visas.
as far as i know the process is a cancellation of your visa and issuing of a new one through the fz, not a transfer
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 08, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:yes, but i'd suggest getting a job before cancelling your families visas.
as far as i know the process is a cancellation of your visa and issuing of a new one through the fz, not a transfer

Thanks dxbsoul, but don't I have to cancel my family's visas first in order to cancel my visa?
schandel
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 08, 2007
yes, it is a "dependancy" system, as they are your dependants they have to be cancelled either at the same time as yours or before
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 08, 2007
Better ask the HR/PRO of your new employer in FZ if they really require the NOC.
Though I'm surprised that you resigned before getting the new job (signed a contract) ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 08, 2007
xty wrote:Better ask the HR/PRO of your new employer in FZ if they really require the NOC.
Though I'm surprised that you resigned before getting the new job (signed a contract) ;)

I did have an appointment letter in hand from a dubai company before resigning. They were not aware of the NOC situation and promised to take care of my visa transfer. Now after my notice period, when I went to join, they expressed their helplessness over the NOC issue and have asked me to arrange it. In short I am in deep s**t if I can't arrange the NOC. I can hopefully avoid the ban if I find a job in a Free zone. I am not worried about my ban, the only problem is that it would jeopardise the education of my kids and we have to pack up in a hurry after six years of settled life.

I really hope Dubai Govt get rid of this extremely exploitative ruling. Most employer would use NOC as a retention tools and most skilled workers would end up being virtual slaves.
schandel
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum