VISA CANCELLATION ---- HELP!

Topic locked
VISA CANCELLATION ---- HELP! Nov 04, 2014
Hello Expat Forum!

I'am a new member here and terribly needs a help, advices and assistance on my situation.

My story is nothing unusual to anybody, but then most probably the challenge is different.
Ive been employed by Company A a month ago, I came from a free zone visa and was cancelled without any issue. And so then Company A doesn't have any problem to apply me for a new working visa even if they are not a free zone company. I worked for Company A for about 3 weeks even if Iam not under their visa yet. They do allow me to work, which is fine for me. But then my visa cancellation (which is valid for only a month) is about to run out and yet the new visa has not yet issued to me. I was overstayed already for few days and suddenly had a family emergency that requires me to be back to Philippines ASAP. It was a weekend that time, and i immediately called my manager to report that I need to go home as my mom is terribly ill and was put in ICU.. i was devastated that time and there is nothing on my mind but to move back to Philippines. My manager has confirmed that family matters and I need to look on the future to be realistic rather than to leave everything behind. But as daughter with a unstable mom... I didn't think of anything else but to be with my family. To cut the story short, i left Dubai and went back to my home country to check the status of my mom. I sent an email to Company A about the situation and apologising of my sudden departure. I knew then that I still need to be back to Dubai but the time is indefinite, because of that I requested them to withdraw the visa application. Anyhow, Iam unfit to work during those time. Unluckily, the pre approval is already done! Even if the employment visa is not printed but still the deposit and all those formalities were done.

There were numbers of calls and emails that Ive written to company A for them to cancel my visa or whatever that they applied for. Kindly note that there is no labour contract that was signed.. no medicals yet that has been done. Its only the pre approval. I was chasing for the cancellation for almost 3 weeks now and there is no clarity when it will be done. I was advised by Company A that my sudden departure reflects a lot in MOL and caused them to be blacklisted, which i don't know if its true. I apologise to them, i even beg on my emails to push it through.. they told me that all papers are with the PRO and out of their control.. still nothing happens. I spent 3 weeks in Philippines till my mom gets better.

Now, I'm back in Dubai in Tourist visa that is valid from 1 month and can be extended for another month. I had a few interviews and interested companies who are willing to help me with my ban. But since my cancellation is not et done, there is nothing they can do at this point. I called Company A to tell them that I'm back and my tourist visa is only valid for 2 months and must be changed before it expires. But still, they cannot confirm when it can be cancelled. I even beg them to at least try to push it at least max first week of December... Besides, even if they gave me a copy of the compensation for my 4 weeks working from them I still haven't receive any amount of money. Additionally, on that compensation.. I accepted the reductions and loss for the cancellation formalities etc.

my challenge is, if the visa from company A will not be cancelled before my tourist visa expires then it means i need to move out of Dubai again and cannot go back not unless after a month. And returning back from Philippines (again) will be tough for me. Due to my situation, I'm loosing a small glimpse of hope from those company who are willing to employ me because of the uncertain status of the cancellation. I' am losing all opportunities and all hopes because of the delay on the cancellation.

Can somebody advise me if its true that my sudden departure at the middle of the visa process.. has caused companyA to be banned or blacklisted? is it usual aswell that cancellation take more than 3 weeks?? Is there anything I can do or any option for me to take to make sure that the cancellation will be pushed?

Please guys, I'm in terrible need of assistance and help on my situation. I admit that yes, it cause me a lot because i leave... but I'm a daughter with a sick mom.. i just want to be beside her at those time... i just want to move on and start a new.... Please... i need an assistance and clarification on the best i can do.. thanks a lot!

dmarasigan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 14, 2015
Hi, It seems that we're having the same situation here and I am also very confused of what to do. Did you not have any trouble getting a tourist visa even if Company A has a pending pre approval for work permit? As I was informed that once pre approval has been obtained, a pending application for employment entry permit will be automatically submitted to DNRD and therefore, cause the rejection of any visa application? I would really appreciate if you'll provide me some information. Thank you very much in advance.
Ndavid
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: VISA CANCELLATION ---- HELP! Nov 27, 2015
Cancel my visa
faisalshaikhshaikh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 22, 2016
Hi, why did you work without the working visa being processed? It's against the UAE Law. Anyways, I guess I have same situation with yours. I withdraw from Company A for some isues, got all the documents that I submitted to them and knowing that they didn't process anything. After a month, I applied to Company B and upon processing my papers, they found out that Company A already applied for A Pre Employment Work Permit online and it is still active. Company B told me that I need to tell Company A to cancel it asap. I did everything for them to cancel it. That everything is literally EVERYTHING including calling the company, MOL and asking suggestions from friends several times. Company A told me that I should be the one to go to the labor and cancel it. I called the labor and they told me that the Company A is the only one who can cacnel it. I called again Company A and I told them that I got all the information from MOL and they told me that it is You, Company A, the only one who can cancel it. It was cancelled then for only 1 day.

My suggestion is call the MOL hotline and ask about your status on their system. Also, ask for your card number so you can see your status online. Ask your company A to cancel everything.
Aknown
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Mar 16, 2016
Can anyone explain what is pre approval work visa?
Sssssha
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum