Urgent Help Needed-Company Closed With No Benefits

Topic locked
Urgent help needed-Company closed with no benefits Jul 01, 2015
Please give me advice as i am Pharm-D currently working in administration of a company in food and beverages in Dubai. My manager ran away after some fraud and now the actual owner is shutting down the business. We have not been paid our last 3 months salary nor any notice was given to us in fact we came to work and they told us to go home.
I and few other employees filled a complaint against employer for non-payment of 3 months’ salary.
Now the sponsor of the company is willing to pay only 2 months basic salary but no salary in lieu of notice period nor any airfare. The amount which he is giving is totally unacceptable.
Every other staff agreed on it but I refused. Now sponsor has given me indirect threat through one of his guy who is communicating on behalf of sponsor that he may file a law suit against the manager and this huge fraud cannot be done by the manager on his own. People from admin are also involved and I may file a law suit against them. This guy who is communicating on his behalf told me to just take what he is giving rather than making the sponsor angrier and you will end up in trouble. He also told me that sponsor will might go to MOL on your complaint after 5 6 months till that time it’s up to you if you can survive.
As far as the fraudulent manager is concerned, I don’t know what he did how he did as these kinds of things have not been discussed with me nor did I have any idea about it.
I am thinking to file another complaint in MOL related to company closure. Kindly guide ma if MOL can help me in such situation as my colleagues who have taken the compensation told me that MOL is not going to do anything they will take so much of time even year to finalize this issue and meanwhile you cannot work anywhere nor you can go back as your passport is with employer and he will not give it back unless the matter is settled.
I have few questions also please help me in this regard
My question is that,

Can MOL proceed with my cancellation without presence of the employer if he is not willing to come? If yes, how much time it will take?
Shall a ban will be imposed on me as I have not resigned rather company is closing down?
Can I obtain a temporary work and how can I obtain it?
Can I inform MOL about the threats that sponsor is giving me?
I need quick reply as I don’t have much time and I am confused whether to take his offer if time on the complaint will be in months
Kindly help me thanks
:?:

Worried18
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum