Traveling From Dubai To Abu Dhabi

Topic locked
Traveling from Dubai to Abu Dhabi Oct 11, 2009
What is the best way for traveling from duabi to abu dhabi? how long would it take? thanks guys

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 11, 2009
Well the cheapest way is by bus, you can catch them from the main depo by Shindagha Tunnel. Would probably take a couple of hours.

Or pay a taxi like 250 Dhs for the journey.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 11, 2009
Will you be driving yourself, then I can let you know a shortcut... :)
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 11, 2009
I have experienced the Sheikh Zayed Road twice now and wasn’t anywhere as manic as I was lead to believe………..mind you it wasn’t Ramadan!
expatwanabe
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 11, 2009
I don't have car, I should take a bus or cab or if any train etc is availabe there... so how long it will take?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 11, 2009
melika969 wrote:I don't have car, I should take a bus or cab or if any train etc is availabe there... so how long it will take?

you can take the train from Dubai to Abu Dhabi.

But it will take probably another 5 years. If you can help with the rail laying, you can make it quicker. Have a safe trip - and mind the doors!
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
melika969 wrote:I don't have car, I should take a bus or cab or if any train etc is availabe there... so how long it will take?

Well I second what Chocs said.

Unless ur really in a hurry don't bother renting a cab.

Go to Shindaga, catch the Abu-Dhabi bound bus service offered by the RTA, should cost you somewhere between 10-15 dhs.

Depending on the time it could take you 2-3 hours travel time + the time it would take for ur bus to leave the station. There are buses every 45 min and they take bout 20-25 min to leave the station. My suggestion would be come to Abu-Dhabi really early, or really late.

If ur coming early try the 6 - 8 am spot. That's the best way to minimize traffic time. If you reach Abu-Dhabi after 12.00 pm then be prepared to spend a lot of time in the bus, as the city traffic really moves at snails pace.

If ur coming late opt for the 6.30-7.30 pm time slot.

In college we were 15 of us in a private bus. So even though we'd finish by 3 pm we would actually ask the bus operator to send in the bus by 7pm.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 11, 2009
thank u guys, this is helpful :) except for you qbabdul! what u said supposed to be funny? do u have a wide knowledge of other countries' transportation system?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 11, 2009
Bus is cheapest and slowest option

Rent a car is cheaper than taxi and the drive between Dubai & Abu Dhabi is easy. Some rent a car companies will deliver to where you're staying. Driving in Abu Dhabi itself is not so easy but follow East Rd (8th Rd) in, park rent-a-car somewhere then take taxis.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 13, 2009
Take one of the RTA buses to Abu Dhabi, they cost 20 dirhams and supposedly have WiFi and many other nifty stuff in them, and they're comfortable and clean too.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:Will you be driving yourself, then I can let you know a shortcut... :)

Which shortcut are you talking about?
coolpista
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2009
Sorry melika, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Suggest you avoid booking a taxi between 12pm and 1pm if you use the the RK taxi agency though ;).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 15, 2009
:))))))))

ok we got a cab to abu dhabi and it costs 150 AED and totally worth it. cause my friend has exam in the morning and she couldn't waste time!

Thank u all guys for this info abt timing!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum