Torrents In Dubai

Topic locked
Torrents in dubai Jun 20, 2009
Im new to dubai.. so i just want to know if its okie to download torrents and use stuff like limewire, utorrent etc

xtinaa
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 21, 2009
NO. Your computer will shut down and with in minutes a swat team will break through your doors and windows and arrest you. And then the next day you will be publicly flogged !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 21, 2009
:roll: ofcourse you can ! Although VOIP is technically illeagal.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 21, 2009
THANK U :lol:
xtinaa
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 22, 2009
Aaah, this is my second week in Dubai and I've to say that the only thing that is bad over here is the internet. UAE is one of the biggest hops in the middle east that supplies data to other countries and yet they do not offer realistic bandwidth, moreover internet and voice calls are EXTREMELY expensive and what makes things worse, guess what? Skype is blocked by the ISP!
I've been reading many opinions and blogs regarding communications in the UAE and definitely many blogs are blocked.
it is horrible when you have all and I mean all your friends and family sorted nicely on skype, and once you are away from them you get no skype and be forced to spend a fortune for the cell carrier..
Some of the blogs I am used to read every night before sleeping are blocked which is sad but I understand that things are different here, but what I can not understand is blocking skype! and fring doesn't function on a 3g connection typically..
about the torrents, I believe the bandwidth is lame, but I've been using them since I came here last week and nobody contacted me for copyright so it is not illegal I guess.. moreover, trackers are not blocked :P
Conjurer
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 23, 2009
There are certain softwares available on the net which help you to remove all the ISP restrictions
krfm
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum