The Usual Question

Topic locked
The usual question Mar 09, 2007
I'm mid-30s, middle management role in medium-sized international company, wife and baby. Will be moving to Dubai to do essentially the same job I do now in London. Working in DIFC.

Salary: AED28,000/month (24,500 base plus 3,500 car allowance). We have to pay for rent etc out of this. This is about the same as what I get in London (gross) now.

We're planning to have another child and will want to live in something no smaller than a three-bedroom villa (would prefer to live in Jumeira/Umm Suqeim, but I realise that may not be a realistic option). I'm expecting to need to spend about AED 14K-16.5K per month on rent (i.e 170K-200K pa) so that would leave about AED12-14K/month for everything else.

My wife, who will be giving up her job in the UK, will eventually want to work - she's in publishing and will hopefully be able to find a job locally - but we can't depend on her being able to find the right job immediately, and if we have another child that complicates matters further, so at least to begin with we will have just my salary.

Deal or no deal?

jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum