Staying Outside Of The UAE While On A Residence Permit

Topic locked
Staying outside of the UAE while on a residence permit Oct 06, 2006
I was wondering if anyone has experiences with staying outside of the UAE for long periods of time while on a residence permit.

On the residence permit there is a statement that reads: "Residence Permit becomes invalid if bearer resides out of the UAE for more than six months."

How is that interpreted in actual practice? If one visits the U.A.E. about twice a year, then is that good enough to keep the residence permit?

OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Staying outside of the UAE while on a residence permit Oct 06, 2006
OldAsiaHand wrote:I was wondering if anyone has experiences with staying outside of the UAE for long periods of time while on a residence permit.

On the residence permit there is a statement that reads: "Residence Permit becomes invalid if bearer resides out of the UAE for more than six months."

How is that interpreted in actual practice? If one visits the U.A.E. about twice a year, then is that good enough to keep the residence permit?

If you have a UAE Residence permit you are allowed to leave the Country for a period not exceeding 6months. You can apply for longer period under special circumstances such as illness, student, but it may not be easy and documentation is required.
If you visit twice per year and you are within the 6 months period, then no problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2006
Thanks.

Actually, it's not me. A family member is studying overseas. So, perhaps I can show some evidence of that to the immigration authorities.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum