Sponsorship For Employment Question...

Topic locked
Sponsorship for employment question... Feb 11, 2007
I have a question regarding sponsorship before someone can find a job and move to Dubai.

Both my wife and I are looking to move from US to Dubai with jobs...both of us are US Citizens. Is it a requirement for the Male to first find a job, and to then sponsor the wife? Is there a restrictions on women finding jobs first without sponsorship from their spouses?

If the restriction exists, does it apply to all areas/sections of Dubai such as Free Trade Zone, Internet City etc.? Thanks in advance for the response.

RKS859
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Can someone help with a response. Feb 19, 2007
I have two questions. First one, I am rephrasing the original question:

For employment purposes in UAE, does the husband always have to sponsor the wife first or can it be the other way around? If the wife gets the job first, would she be then able to sponsor the husband for his stay?

Both myself and my wife are US Citizens currently employed in the US and are looking to move to Dubai on IT jobs.

Second question:

Additionally, would someone weigh in on the move? Is it recommended?

We currently have comfortable jobs in large US corporations and make a combined income of US $200K plus and are looking to move to Dubai for three reasons:

Realize tax benefits
Stay close to family
Get good help for our 3 kids who are 2 and under.

Appreciate the help !
Thanks a bunch
RKS859
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 19, 2007
As US Citizens (Passport Holders) you can both come anytime to the UAE and search for a job, you will be givin free visa upon arrival for 30/60 days.
Husband can sponsor wife and wife can sponsor husband, on those salary levels.
I presume you have family already in Dubai.
Which sector would you think to be working in?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 19, 2007
Appreciate your earlier response.

Both my wife and I are looking for IT Director level positions - so to answer your question, in Information Technology Sector: either in core technology companies or traditional brick and mortar; global companies or companies based in middle east.

We have immediate family in the Middle East.

As for the application process, we have taken recourse to a lot of the online web sites and are also considering making a short visit. Any fresh ideas on how to tackle this "job search" beast would be helpful.

Regards.
RKS859
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 19, 2007
RKS859 wrote:Appreciate your earlier response.

Both my wife and I are looking for IT Director level positions - so to answer your question, in Information Technology Sector: either in core technology companies or traditional brick and mortar; global companies or companies based in middle east.

We have immediate family in the Middle East.

As for the application process, we have taken recourse to a lot of the online web sites and are also considering making a short visit. Any fresh ideas on how to tackle this "job search" beast would be helpful.

Regards.

Looks like your doing it right at the moment, Director level positions would be more probably available with International Job Consultants I would think.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 19, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Husband can sponsor wife and wife can sponsor husband, on those salary levels.

Hey S&O you sure that the wife can sponsor the hubby...I believe only in certain fields is that possible namely Doctors, Teachers....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Husband can sponsor wife and wife can sponsor husband, on those salary levels.

Hey S&O you sure that the wife can sponsor the hubby...I believe only in certain fields is that possible namely Doctors, Teachers....

For higher level professionals it is possible, just needs the correct PRO to deal with it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 19, 2007
In other words its Wasta!!! :twisted:
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:In other words its Wasta!!! :twisted:

Not really, just know what to do :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules