Sponsoring My Philippina Maid

Topic locked
Sponsoring My Philippina Maid Jan 23, 2006
Hi all,
I am hopefully coming to Dubai with my family to work, ex Hong Kong, and I'd like to bring my maid. Where do I start when trying to get her in? Any tips gratefully received

Cambusmore
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 23, 2006
I have no real tips because I do not have a live in maid only one that comes in 4 times a week...

However I did change your subjecting. I found the word "Importing a Maid" to be too derogatory. Its a human being not a peice of merchandise :evil:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
Yes Liban, thank you for the grammatical correction. My maid of course is not a piece of furniture, rather she should be encrusted in a large piece of gold as she is an absolute diamond and I'd dearly like to bring her with me and my family when, not if, but when I come to Dubai, hopefully within the next three months.

If any readers have had a similar experience I would be most grateful for your advice. Thanks. Adam.
Cambusmore
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 23, 2006
Cambusmore wrote:Yes Liban, thank you for the grammatical correction. My maid of course is not a piece of furniture, rather she should be encrusted in a large piece of gold as she is an absolute diamond and I'd dearly like to bring her with me and my family when, not if, but when I come to Dubai, hopefully within the next three months.

If any readers have had a similar experience I would be most grateful for your advice. Thanks. Adam.

:)

I may be wrong but I beleive you can bring her here under the following:

1) 5000 AED sponsor deposit
2) Paid vacation once every two years (paying plane ticket)
3) One day off a week (not sure of this)

If there are more rules, then sorry, I dunno know them. But this is a start... I hope :oops:

PS - You made me chuckle in the peice of gold part.... Diamond encrusted in gold... So valuable... Can I steal her? :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2006
I can help on this one...have a Phillipina maid myself...don't like calling her that however.....

Anyway,

yes that is AED5,000 every year...they call it deposit....:) but it is non-refundable and payable every year.

Salary normally in this part of the world for Philipina maids would be USD200 + accom + food + clothes + bi-annual ticket...although I increased my maid's salary after a probation period.

Visa renewal and medical done every year. In effect you would spend AED6K every year if you are to add the above 5K. This can only be done once you have your employment visa stamped. Meanwhile, you can get her on visit visa with you, given that she's so good. Most people I know complain of inefficient, careless maids...so I am sure you do already but request you to treat her well.

Just make sure she doesn't runaway coz the 5K is non-refundable even if she disappears a day after you pay it.

Cheers
audreygaur
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 03, 2006
Hi Audrey, Thanks for the info. I am actually just back in Hong Kong from 6 days in Dubai. What a place and I'd leave Hong Kong tomorrow.

The rate for Domestic Helpers, as they are called here, is half what HK DH's receive. It would therefore be much cheaper to hire one locally but I've had her working with my family for about 8 years, so she is one of the family now.

Thanks for the help. I hope to be in Dubai in the not too distant future.
Cambusmore
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum