Share Accomodation

Topic locked
Share Accomodation Oct 31, 2006
I may be moving to dubai early next year, but it seems as though there are a lot of people being ripped off etc.

It would be good to find someone to share accomodation with for a while till i get on my feet etc.

Are there any sites available to find potential roomies?

Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Re: Share Accomodation Oct 31, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:I may be moving to dubai early next year, but it seems as though there are a lot of people being ripped off etc.

It would be good to find someone to share accomodation with for a while till i get on my feet etc.

Are there any sites available to find potential roomies?

I think you would have to give a little more information as to what exactly you want and what your possible budget is.

Interesting name your using, may be difficult to attract people to share with if indeed you do smell :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 31, 2006
I guess my half of the rental will be around the 50,000 mark. Im 32 and will be coming by myself, so want to be amongst some atmosphere.

P.S. the smelly_melly is cos im living in smelly Melbourne. It doesnt really smell here that much, its just what an old friend called it when i told her i was moving here and it has kinda stuck as my nick in a few different forums.
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Oct 31, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:I guess my half of the rental will be around the 50,000 mark. Im 32 and will be coming by myself, so want to be amongst some atmosphere.

P.S. the smelly_melly is cos im living in smelly Melbourne. It doesnt really smell here that much, its just what an old friend called it when i told her i was moving here and it has kinda stuck as my nick in a few different forums.

You should be able to find someone to share with that kind of budget, the atmosphere, that will be down to pot luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 31, 2006
yeah but i dont know where to look?
Is there a web site with people advertising somewhere?
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Oct 31, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:yeah but i dont know where to look?
Is there a web site with people advertising somewhere?

www.dubizzle.com

there are a decent number of ADDS for shared accomodation...hope that helps...
cheers
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 31, 2006
with a budget of 50000 just might get a studio in golden sands region
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 31, 2006
Jeevan wrote:with a budget of 50000 just might get a studio in golden sands region

not any more it won't,

SM what area will you be working in? if you are working near burjuman than golden sands would be an excellent area for you to live in but if you are working in Media City for example it'll take 45-60mins to get to work.

--- oh and the reason no one is responding to this thread is because she is from mel-BORE-n. :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 31, 2006
Fayz ur kidding me right, 50 grand wont get a studio in bur dubai?
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 31, 2006
in the golden sands complexes no, i.e. the buildings that are called golden sands/silver sands. In bur Dubai proper sure but finding one that is available is difficult at least the last time I tried looking.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 01, 2006
Will be working near the airport or near deira city mall (where ever that is). But want to be living kind of near a beach club so its not too far to get to the gym. Plus i dont drive so public transport is going to have to be readily available.

Any suggestions?
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Nov 01, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:Will be working near the airport or near deira city mall (where ever that is). But want to be living kind of near a beach club so its not too far to get to the gym. Plus i dont drive so public transport is going to have to be readily available.

Any suggestions?

Look to share a Villa in Garhoud or even Mirdiff - you should find plenty there in the price range you are looking for. The best thing is to post a note on Dubizzle.

As for living near a beach club, you're pretty much talking about Jumeira, Umm Suqeim, Marina where 50,000 is getting less and less, and then you have to think about getting to Deira (40 dirhams in a taxi).

Public Transport is taxis.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 01, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Smelly_Melly wrote:Will be working near the airport or near deira city mall (where ever that is). But want to be living kind of near a beach club so its not too far to get to the gym. Plus i dont drive so public transport is going to have to be readily available.

Any suggestions?

Look to share a Villa in Garhoud or even Mirdiff - you should find plenty there in the price range you are looking for. The best thing is to post a note on Dubizzle.

As for living near a beach club, you're pretty much talking about Jumeira, Umm Suqeim, Marina where 50,000 is getting less and less, and then you have to think about getting to Deira (40 dirhams in a taxi).

I totally agree with Ian, with Garhoud being first choice as you said you will not have your own Transport.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:

Any suggestions?

I had a look on the map where Mirdiff is, it looks to be in the middle of nowhere. Are there still bars etc there. what would a taxi cost (approx) to deira city mall from there?

These Vills out there, are they in complexes or are they private residences?
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Nov 02, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Any suggestions?

I had a look on the map where Mirdiff is, it looks to be in the middle of nowhere. Are there still bars etc there. what would a taxi cost (approx) to deira city mall from there?

These Vills out there, are they in complexes or are they private residences?

Mirdiff is a bit like that but it is very accessible, especially if you won't be driving.

Really, unless you're going to get a car, you want to live within 25 dirhams of where you'll be working, so this rules out *any* beach area.
^ian^

Nov 02, 2006
A taxi from satwa to garhoud cost 25 dirhams. it is two blocks from the beach (and two major roads) and traffic across the grahoud bridge or maktoum bridge every morning is hell.

With the working hours here you wont get to go during the week anyhow.

it is better to be closer to work
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2006
isnt there such a thing as busses there?
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Nov 02, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:isnt there such a thing as busses there?

You would definitely be Smelly Melly if you took one. The local bus system is a little bit shocking and not used by expats extensively.
^ian^

Nov 03, 2006
really? damn. I guess i will have to find someone to share with. 25 durams each way is way too much to be spending getting to work. you gotta look at these things from the view of how many beers this would buy me?
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Nov 03, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:really? damn. I guess i will have to find someone to share with. 25 durams each way is way too much to be spending getting to work. you gotta look at these things from the view of how many beers this would buy me?

it would buy 1 :lol: :lol: :lol: booze is expensive here as well.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum