Sending Money To Uk

Topic locked
sending money to uk Apr 06, 2006
folks - more questions, sorry :D

what's the deal with sending cash to the uk from dubai. i'll be heading out to dubai for two/three months at end of may before the rest of my posse arrive end august/september. i'll be paying the uk mortgage out of my dubai salary until we get the place rented out in august/september.

sooooooo....is it easy/cheap to send money back for my little lady + kids to live on. is there a limit to how much can be sent at any one time?

advice appreciated!

red ketchup
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 06, 2006
Hi

I would suggest opening an HSBC account here in Dubai. It would also be an advantage having one in the UK.

Cheers

Zino
Zino
Dubai Forum User

Apr 06, 2006
That's what I came to understand too. Firstly there's the ease of cross border remitance but within the same bank and secondly, the fees are lower. I plan on setting up an account soon too.

I believe the trigger is DHS 50,000. Keep it below that for each transaction if you don't wanna get noticed.

Good luck with the move!

Cheers mate.
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 08, 2006
Yes it's much easier if you have banks accounts with the same bank both in the UK and UAE. For certain accoutns you can have 1 free standing order transaction a month, which only gets charged a minimal fee on the receiving end, but no fee this end.

Failing that you can use Western Union transfers, which are pretty hassle free and relatively cheap.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum