I Am Seeking Some Advise. Please HELP!

Topic locked
I am seeking some advise. Please HELP! Aug 26, 2007
Hi, everyone. Recently I decided to try my luck to find a job and move to Dubai. I am a New Zealand citizen and I work as a Software Engineer. Could someone help me out and tell me what would be the best way to find a job in IT in Dubai? I saw some Job Search companies online and all of them charge up to 100 bucks for their services, is that how all of them work? How hard would it be to find a job in Dubai in Software development? What would be a good salary package? A question to kiwi's: are there gonna be any difficulties moving to Dubai with a kiwi passport?

I would greatly appreciate any help and advise I could get. But most of all I wish to know what would be the best way to find a decent job in Dubai while being in NZ?

Thank you all in advance

iskenderNZ
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: I am seeking some advise. Please HELP! Aug 26, 2007
iskenderNZ wrote:Hi, everyone. Recently I decided to try my luck to find a job and move to Dubai. I am a New Zealand citizen and I work as a Software Engineer. Could someone help me out and tell me what would be the best way to find a job in IT in Dubai? Search forum for recruitment threads on companies, or look at grapeshisha.com I saw some Job Search companies online and all of them charge up to 100 bucks for their services, is that how all of them work? No - only the scam companies do this How hard would it be to find a job in Dubai in Software development? What would be a good salary package? A question to kiwi's: are there gonna be any difficulties moving to Dubai with a kiwi passport? No

I would greatly appreciate any help and advise I could get. But most of all I wish to know what would be the best way to find a decent job in Dubai while being in NZ? Apply on line apply on line send emails, send letters to recruitment companies and selected companies in your field. Failing that get on a plane in October and come over for a week, having pre-organised interviews

Thank you all in advance
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2007
Thanks for the reply, Scarlet. One more thing I was wondering about. What are my chances of finding a job in Dubai online? I am a Software Developer with 2+ years of experience in my field. I understand if I were a senior developer I would not have any trouble at all, but what about a guy with my experience? I would love to come for a week or two and search for jobs in person, but it pretty expensive to get there from NZ, so I wanted to try my luck online. Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
iskenderNZ
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 27, 2007
In general and specifically in IT, it'd be very tough to find a job in Dubai for freshers or without specific skills/experiences, unless you'd want to compete with South Asian fellows (who already in Dubai with visit visa) who are often willing to get paid less even with quite good qualifications.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 28, 2007
agreed-- you can hire out of india and pay 6-8k tops for this level of experience, proly less
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum