Salary For PA/Office Manager

Topic locked
Salary for PA/Office Manager Dec 05, 2007
Hi, I am relocating to Dubai early 2008. The Company I will be working for have asked me to let them know what I want in terms of salary (within reason). I have no idea what salaries are like in Dubai. What would an experienced, senior PA at top executive level (CEO) and Office Manager expect to be paid.

Also does anyone know in what region what the international school fees are. Per month? Per annum?

Thanks
J

Jacquimh
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 05, 2007
Our office manager :lol:, what a title gets 126,000 Dhs p.a.
thats it, finé, basta & khallas
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 05, 2007
Does that include all benefits (Housing, travel, medical, etc)
Jacquimh
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 05, 2007
Yanni can you read?
THATS IT, FINÈ, BASTA & KHALLAS..... WHAT COULD THAT MEAN????? :roll:
and btw she (yes female) is OLD, 15 yrs with the Co. and WHITE!

If i had to pay she would get half of it, why :?: its just a bloody cost factor
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 05, 2007
M! wrote:Yanni can you read?
THATS IT, FINÈ, BASTA & KHALLAS..... WHAT COULD THAT MEAN????? :roll:
and btw she (yes female) is OLD, 15 yrs with the Co. and WHITE!

If i had to pay she would get half of it, why :?: its just a bloody cost factor

LOL, looks like you have some issues?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 05, 2007
Well.... first of all the title is a yoke, never seen this before in the real world.
2nd no need at all IF every employee takes care (e.g. as in Europe) and 3rd wtf... it costs a whole lot of money for what....?
It doesnt bring any business etc. AND this socalled Business Manager think god who and what they are (ours is thank god an exception at least with the last point.)

For the thread opener be happy with 60,000 Dhs p.a.

No further comments, not even worth to talk about that "job"
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 05, 2007
Firstly I have no idea what no-chicken man is going on about??? Anyone?

Secondly, I would assume this is a large, existing company. Please don't fall for the old "tell us what you want" line, i would assume that this is an existing position that you are filling and that there is/ was a salary package attached to the position. a lot of companies ask the employer to come up with a figure, this is not very professional, as without some insight and knowledge on Dubai you would be hard-pressed to come up with an accurate figure. In most instances the prospective employee will come in lower than what they (the employer) had budgeted for - they simply accept the offer and save themselves time haggling and money. Only once you have arrived in Dubai and have lived here a month or two will you realise that you under estimated.

Tell them to grow up and act like professionals and make you an offer, they are the employer after all!

Secondly, have a look at this thread http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=23858 , it will give you some insight as to what you should be looking at (as well as the schooling issue). schooling is another matter all together, they have a two year, 20% cap on the increase in school fees; in effect meaning that the schools are more or less free to increase fees by an average of 10% per annum! Bear this in mind when you evaluate your offer.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 06, 2007
Thank you, dbxsoul, for your very mature and informative answer which is more than I can say for the freak above you.

I appreciate your advice - I must agree - I did find it rather odd to be asked to put a number forward - never worked that way before with previous employers - and that you I will take a look at that link.

BR
J
Jacquimh
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 09, 2007
What does chicken man mean he's never seen this working title - excuse me! My mother is an Executive PA and Office Manager and has been in serval countries for years.

She's on around 14,000 per month for the present company.

It's a very demanding job and quite frankly most large companies couldn't do without these people as they hold everything together liasing ith all departments.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 10, 2007
I back chocs up - you will e looking at around 14K per month with everything included. if you work for a British company it may be different and they may offer you shooling.

Now the other thing Jacqui is that if you are a woman you will have a lot of trouble sponsoring your children
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 10, 2007
Thanks Scarlet
Im not sure exactly what yyou mean. Do you mean that as a single mother taking a contract in Dubai, I wont be able to take my child with me.
Please explain a little further - this is the first time I have heard this. Thanks...
Jacquimh
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 10, 2007
Generally women cannot sponsor others -, there are exceptions to the rule
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22023

You will have to do more research. Also look at the threads on costs for school fees, i wouldn't move here with children on your own unless you are getting at least 30,000 per month. So ask for that.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 10, 2007
have a look at this thread as well, it will give you a better idea on the cost involved/ cost of living.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=23858
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 12, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:It's a very demanding job and quite frankly most large companies couldn't do without these people as they hold everything together liasing ith all departments.

I agree, the bosses can't do anything without them, but still PA job is apparently not appreciated at all in this country. If it all only to maintain boss' meeting schedule & travel tickets, that's fine.
But my wife got a job in one of the largest hospitality group company as PA to CEO/Executive Director and getting only slightly below 10K pm (all inclusive, plus medical insurance & tickets which actually she already got from me). She has an Australian degree in finance & marketing, some years of experiences (accountant, asst to project manager) in some countries, and she's not only doing secretarial job but a lot more (kind of secretary + PA + business asst + accountant)! Once she was interviewed by a big retail company, she asked 12K pm, and never got recalled even the interview was perfect.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum