Salary Certificate

Topic locked
Salary certificate Oct 16, 2006
Hi, I know its late in the evening but I’m hopeful one of you fine people will be able to help me out.

I need to know what a salary certificate looks like, can someone offer me an example? what are they suppose to include? i.e. should it have your start date, your salary broken down into housing, transport, basic, medical, etc? is it usually in Arabic and English? Does it matter? Should it be stamped and signed by your employer? Etc.

Any info you can offer would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Salary certificate Oct 16, 2006
fayz wrote:Hi, I know its late in the evening but I’m hopeful one of you fine people will be able to help me out.

I need to know what a salary certificate looks like, can someone offer me an example? what are they suppose to include? i.e. should it have your start date, your salary broken down into housing, transport, basic, medical, etc? is it usually in Arabic and English? Does it matter? Should it be stamped and signed by your employer? Etc.

Any info you can offer would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Are you looking for a Salary certificate to give to a Bank?, if so each bank generally have their own format so you could ask them for a sample.

If its for your normal salary receipt each month your salary broken down into housing, transport, basic, medical, etc in English should be enough.

If you can be a bit more specific as to the reason you need it then maybe I can give more idea.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 16, 2006
Thanks Sage,

I need it for immigration to sponser someone.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 17, 2006
Fayz,

It would look something like this

Salary Certificate

Dear Sir,

Mr. Fayz XYZ, holder of (NATIONALITY) passport number (12345) is an employee with Company A in the role of XXX since DATE. His current annual remuneration is TOTAL AMOUNT IN DIRHAMS (unless otherwise specified).

Regards,

HR Director
Company Name (stamp necessary)
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 17, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:Fayz,

It would look something like this

Salary Certificate

Dear Sir,

Mr. Fayz XYZ, holder of (NATIONALITY) passport number (12345) is an employee with Company A in the role of XXX since DATE. His current annual remuneration is TOTAL AMOUNT IN DIRHAMS (unless otherwise specified).

Regards,

HR Director
Company Name (stamp necessary)

This should do the trick, thanks Penny
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 17, 2006
If it is for UAE immigration a salary certificate is preferred, if it is for another country then an english one is preferred.
In UAE the immigration wants to know ur basic salary so a break up of the salary is preferred.
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2006
Fayz,
Hope its not too late, but remember that most/ maybe all government offices want salary certificates in Arabic. However, Dubai Immigration might accept English, but i recommend take your details in arabic.
Also take a copy of your labour contract if you have one as this shows your basic salary and stuff.

Make sure the salary certificate has a date, mentions your date of joining, salary and position.
The signatories designation and full name should be mentioned too along with the stamp.

And yeah, dont sign your own salary certificate (don't laugh people. I used to work in Dubai Bank....a lot of people applying for credit cards used to sign their own letters!)

Good luck
:)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2006
I Fayz give Fayz a salary of X,

I did do that for my no objection letter for Etisalat roaming and they accepted it hehehehe.

Well today I went down and got the stuff sorted that I needed. All of your advice was bang on, I got my Salary certificate done and yes they prefer it be in Arabic. Dubai immigration does accept English though. mine was in Arabic.

Thank you all :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 18, 2006
fayz wrote:I Fayz give Fayz a salary of X,

I did do that for my no objection letter for Etisalat roaming and they accepted it hehehehe.

Well today I went down and got the stuff sorted that I needed. All of your advice was bang on, I got my Salary certificate done and yes they prefer it be in Arabic. Dubai immigration does accept English though. mine was in Arabic.

Thank you all :)

Well done m8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 18, 2006
Fayz

Just ask your PRO to print one out for you mate, there is a standard format produced by the dept of labour that all employers must supply.

You arn't by any chance applying for a drinky poo licence are you ?, ya little scamper :wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 18, 2006
well you know the desert event is coming up :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum