10-20%
No votes
20-30%
No votes
30-40%
No votes

Total votes : 1

Salary:Benefits Ratio Mar 28, 2007
Very good forum guys, thanks for all the help you offer to people like me trying to make the decision to pack up and head to the UAE. Also, I've found www.grapeshisha.com very useful.

I do however have a question. On GrapeShisha they state (in the section detailing the components of salary) "The percentage split between the fixed cash elements of basic salary and allowances is usually around 60 to 40" - I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this? Is this ratio about right? Does it apply only in certain salary brackets? Would it be applicable in the 15,000 - 20,000 per month bracket?

I would really appreciate any insights into this.

Regards,

GP

Gapstop
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 29, 2007
60/40 is prescribed by the Labour Ministry
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 29, 2007
It should make no difference except in one respect (your gratuity is calcualted on the salary amount - excluding allowances). However you should get the salary and allowance in hand for you to do whatever with it! Your allowance will many times have no relationship to what you will actually spend in housing and transportation.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2007
Thank you both for your advice. I accept the point that it makes little difference - with the exception of the calculation of the bonus. However, the reason I am asking is that when viewing job postings online they typically advertise salary as ##,### AED (monthly) plus benefits. Therefore, I am trying to guage what the likely level of benefits would be and therefore the likely value of overall packages.

Regards, and thanks again.

GP
Gapstop
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 29, 2007
Gapstop wrote:Thank you both for your advice. I accept the point that it makes little difference - with the exception of the calculation of the bonus. However, the reason I am asking is that when viewing job postings online they typically advertise salary as ##,### AED (monthly) plus benefits. Therefore, I am trying to guage what the likely level of benefits would be and therefore the likely value of overall packages.

Regards, and thanks again.

GP

I think that by "benefits" most companies mean insurance, holidays, sick leave and maybe bonus (other than the "gratuaty" - by law).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum