Safe To Visit Dubai?

Topic locked
Safe to visit Dubai? Jun 29, 2003
Hi all, I am from the UK and wish to visit and stay in Dubai for a few weeks for a holiday (not business). I was wondering how safe it is for women to be walking around Dubai? Should I always be with someone? Also, is there a specific dress code, must I cover up? I am a Christian, am I allowed to talk to and interact with Muslim males? Sorry about the questions but I'd really like to know more information.

Thanks,
UKv :D

UKv

Aug 03, 2003
Hi, UKv. :)
Nice nick!! :lol:
Hm... Safety in Dubai... especialy for a UK woman? Are you kidding?
There is no such thing as safety in Dubai. Especially for a UK, I'm not even mentioning the word woman.

Walking around Dubai is very dangerous, it's one of the most dangerous occupations in the world. All ladies, MUST, and I want to stress the importance of the word, MUST cover all their body with black cloth, put an iron mask on their faces, and wear dark sun glasses - overwise we all know what can happen. If you are Christian you are not even alowed in Dubai. At the custom house you will be asked the main Muslim prayers.
And if you don't know them you will go instantly to prison. Or you can pay a small fee of $5000 for express prayer courses and initiation. Also for additional $20000 males can have their circumcision professionaly executed by masters. I could continue to describe all this... infrigement of human rights... and write even more... and more...
But, I can't..
They are coming after me!!!!
HELP!!!!!
- A-a-a-a!!!!
GamaniaK
Dubai Forum Visitor

:-P Aug 05, 2003
Hmm... you know something? I was actually looking for sensible and actually useful replies.... :roll:
UKv

Aug 05, 2003
Hi UKv,
Don't pay attention to GamaniaK he is a moron. :?
Dubai is quite safe - I would say it's safer then UK.
Crime rate here is less then 1 percent.
But there are restrictions here.
It's not allowed to kiss in public especially if you are not married with the guy. Also if you are drunk in public you can get to prison. Drinking alcohol is allowed only in hotel bars.
There is a dress code - "Clothing should be conservative. Women should avoid wearing revealing clothing, especially in rural areas, and go for loose clothing such as loose-cut trousers and long dresses."

About interaction with Muslims males... :P
I think officially any "interaction" with a male that is not your
husband its not allowed here... but... it also depends what you mean
when you say interaction. You can speak to anybody here. And if you are pretty, most of the Arabs will want to interact with you themselves. :wink:
Iris
Dubai Forum Admin

dubai Oct 09, 2003
Thanks for the sensible reply Iris :D
ukv

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum