Roller Skating, In Line Skating......

Topic locked
roller skating, in line skating...... Apr 09, 2007
i am just learning to skate, in fact i only tried once a few days ago, i just read up on technique and im going to try again now in the car park, but is there anywhere i can go as a beginner, i want to be good, but i understand i need alot of practise!

id also be pleased if some person or a group of skaters wanted to help me out, i will not be leaving my car park for a long time too scared!

by the way im white english, 24 year old and thin.

im really getting into my sports over here, ive been snowboarding a few times and i go body boarding every week! cant do those things in newcastle!

so if anyone wants to suggest a skate park, place i can get lessons, or just general words of encouragement (have a nice trip, comes to mind), then let me know!

thanks

dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Jun 25, 2008
Hey thr,

ur still looking for a sk8 partner? did u manage 2 find a group? do u still sk8? lol
(highly doubt there will be a reply, this is a 1 yr+ thread lol)
barthezz
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 09, 2009
i'm trying to learn roller skat if any one can help in this since i'm living in dubai? best regard
mhmyfamily
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 10, 2009
Roller skate or Roller Blade?

Roller Blading is pretty easy once you get the hang of it!
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 10, 2009
mhmyfamily wrote:i'm trying to learn roller skat if any one can help in this since i'm living in dubai? best regard

If it's roller blades that ur talking bout, then I'd suggest you try and find a group, go through the vids on you tube( very informative) and your good to go.
If you can't find a group and if you've got balance related issues, I suggest you try a little ice skating at the rink. Trust me, if your good on the ice, ur good on blades.
Get in the rink, enlist a trainer if ur really interested and in anywhere from a week to 10-12 days you should be ready to roller blade.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2009
WTF who still roller SKATES?
Do they even sell them anymore? It's hard to get past a jogger's pace with those things on...
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

May 10, 2009
I've only come across a handfull of people while Rollerblading.

Are there any smooth/scenic tracks around where one can rollerblade on?
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 10, 2009
I'm from Abu-Dhabi

So we blade at the Corniche, there's a dedicated track, and its fab + there are quite a few skaters around
Then there's the new Corniche( next to the upcoming angsana development)thats a good place to skate too.
There's good space outside the ladies park compound wall, near the Church...
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

undefined Oct 23, 2014
I am roller skating coach if u want to learn let me no
vasvi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Jan 07, 2015
vasvi , pls provide your mobile number. We live in qusais. Can you come to qusaus to teach 2 kids? Contact me on anusha_umakant@yahoo.co.in
umakant
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Mar 13, 2015
vasvi ,
I have 2 kids of 8 and 11 yr. we live in qua sis. I want to take coaching for them. Please provide me your phone number. My number 0503751003

Ruchi
ruchi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined May 22, 2015
vasvi ,

I'm in abudhabi and I was 25 years old if u trained me how to skate on roller blades weekends or evening time.if possible suggest your friends near to me I'm staying in al-khalidhiya.
baseer
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Sep 11, 2015
vasvi , I would like to start skating classes for my son. Could you please share your number?
reshmipbgmailcom
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Oct 24, 2015
i am looking for luigino brand inline skating shoes .pls advice
vasumathy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Dec 20, 2015
I am Binu, father of an 8 year old boy located in international city. I am in search of a skating trainer. I can arrange a group of kids who require training. Please contact me on 050 6759417.
Binu
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum