Residence Visa

Topic locked
Residence Visa Nov 10, 2005
Guys how long does a residence visa take to process? Assuming all the documents are sent via the sponsor company in Dubai to the DNRD.

A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Residence Visa Nov 10, 2005
A64Venice wrote:Guys how long does a residence visa take to process? Assuming all the documents are sent via the sponsor company in Dubai to the DNRD.

Usually a week or so from my experience. Then you have to get it stamped by showing your medical results.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 10, 2005
A week? Are you sure?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 11, 2005
Depending how good the person handling your application is - who he knows.

I got mine within 3 days.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Residence Visa Nov 11, 2005
jag wrote:
A64Venice wrote:Guys how long does a residence visa take to process? Assuming all the documents are sent via the sponsor company in Dubai to the DNRD.

Usually a week or so from my experience. Then you have to get it stamped by showing your medical results.

Medical Test?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 11, 2005
Need to go for a chest x-ray and blood test.

I had to set up a company first and then get my residency organized. The entire process took a couple frustrating months but the residency part for me only took about a week but as mentioned above if your office has a good "Protocols Officer" the process is very streamlined.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 11, 2005
Wow I didn't know about the medical part. Not that it matters or anything but I'm pretty surprised T how stringent UAE immigration policy is.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

med test Nov 11, 2005
singapore is the same for foreigners...same as dubai...in fact dubai's immigration blue print is adopted from singapore's(they came and did a research...on many things besides residence/iimigration)...only hong kong as far as i know...doesnt require any pre- work check ups...has its advantages in its way...privacy :wink:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 11, 2005
Yeh I guess i cant compare to the US. It was pretty straight forward when I was working there.

But yeah you're right, its the same in Singapore.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 13, 2005
Sorry, but another newb question.

Does applying for Residence Visa mean the same as applying for work permit? And the time frame to get approval is the same for both? Lets say if I am applying from overseas. :D
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

good info Feb 03, 2006
good info, i was wondering about the residency visa entitlement when u buy property, then i just couldnt stop laughing at the penguins any info would be good too though :)
boostah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 03, 2006
About this medicalexam, is it only for the main work visa applicant(i.e my husband through his work) or do all the members of the family have to have these tests? No that I have any strange desease or anything, jutst that I am pregnant and can't have an x-ray, so no idea if this could delay the application or something.
Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 04, 2006
I think you still have to have the blood test, but I'm sure they'll be understanding about the x-ray, they're just checking your chest is clear on infections that's all.

The things they're looking for in the blood test is HIV/AIDS, Herpatitis and drug screening.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 04, 2006
Thanks Chocoholic.
Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 04, 2006
Every member of a family if they are applying for Residency, has to follow the same procedure as the main applicant ie Medical.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 04, 2006
The chest xray is checking for TB only.
arniegang

Feb 04, 2006
That's the one, I couldn't remember what it was actually for. Yeah but if you're pregnant you can't do x-rays, so I guess they'll have to forgo it until after the birth, there must be some sort of leeway for this.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 04, 2006
I bet there isn't, "flexability" deffo is not their middle name.
arniegang

x-ray eyes Feb 04, 2006
chest x-rays for medicals are normally only conducted on applicants from high-risk TB areas and are not the norm. for example the western province in south africa (highest TB rate in the world) as well as some areas of india. although i know people who stay in these areas and have recently been for medicals without having to have an x-ray done.

medicals have to be re-done every 3 years prior to the renewal of your residency status - with the notible exception of people who work in the food, hotel and medical profession where a yearly medical is required.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 04, 2006
dxb

maybe was the case re X-ray, but it is now a pre-requisite for ALL nationalities i'm affraid
arniegang

Mar 23, 2006
What is the cost for applying a residence visa for the family (wife & one baby) ?

Or is it free ?
jabberjaw28
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum