REPTON SCHOOL.

Topic locked
REPTON SCHOOL. Oct 16, 2007
Hi all,
Is anyone able to give me any useful info at all about working at Repton School?
There is a possibility I could be working there in August/september, but having never been to Dubai.......?

I am a highly qualified and experienced teacher of western origin (Does this make a difference?..I hear so many different things).....

What would be a good salary?
How far is the school from main areas; i.e. shopping, nightlife, restaurants...is the school difficult to find?
Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

rpmba
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 27, 2007
Repton Dubai - some info. Presumably they'll aim to be comparable to the UK Repton School which, whilst not quite Eton or Harrow, still rates as one of the better (and more expensive schools). Jeremey Clarkson is an old Reptonian if that's any guide to what they produce.

I'd expect Repton Dubai to be one of the better places to teach at. Salary 10k is ok if accommodation included. 15k+ is good for a teacher job - I'd guess Repton would pay something like that.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 29, 2007
Beautiful School!!

Only 15 minutes from the main areas of Dubai.

I think you could do a whole lot worse..... unless you are teaching in Nursery, then you will have my daughter to deal with.... heheheheh!!...... and that may be a challenge! :wink:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: REPTON SCHOOL. Jan 15, 2011
Repton Dubai is very popular for the lack of academic standards. Many of the teachers lack professional background. The school is extremely overpriced for what it offers. The school inspection bureau also confirms the same.

Working at Repton, however, for most of the teachers is a great holiday experience. They do not put much of an effort and travel back home every one and half month on vacations.

As a parent, I confirm our huge disappointment with this school. Many other parents also complained and are constantly commenting on expatwoman.com how badly managed the school is.

I do not recommend this school neither to real teachers, nor to parents and students.

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:55 pm --

O, and I forgot to mention that students are continuosely leaving as the number of classes is constantly reduced. From 8 classes in year 5, 6 continue in to year 6 and by the end of the first term, there are enough students for only 5 classes (18 to 20 each). The school claims that there are 1700 students currently, but in fact there are no more than 800-900, the parking lot is even becoming emptier.....
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Francheska wrote:Repton Dubai is very popular for the lack of academic standards. Many of the teachers lack professional background. The school is extremely overpriced for what it offers. The school inspection bureau also confirms the same.

Working at Repton, however, for most of the teachers is a great holiday experience. They do not put much of an effort and travel back home every one and half month on vacations.

As a parent, I confirm our huge disappointment with this school. Many other parents also complained and are constantly commenting on expatwoman.com how badly managed the school is.

I do not recommend this school neither to real teachers, nor to parents and students.

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:55 pm --

O, and I forgot to mention that students are continuosely leaving as the number of classes is constantly reduced. From 8 classes in year 5, 6 continue in to year 6 and by the end of the first term, there are enough students for only 5 classes (18 to 20 each). The school claims that there are 1700 students currently, but in fact there are no more than 800-900, the parking lot is even becoming emptier.....

Fully agree on the parent side - have only heard similar things. Can't advise on whether its a good job but if output = input I concur that it should be relaxed place. Good luck.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Then again, if you want to be seen bumping shoulders with the upper echelon of Dubai, its the place to be, even if the quality of education sucks.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

undefined Apr 30, 2014
Would love to get some current input from Repton parents (3+ years on from the last post). Are children happy at the school (ks2 and ks4) ? How about academic standards?
NotThereYet
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: REPTON SCHOOL. Jul 21, 2014
I would like to know if they have a preschool there as well, since my daughter turns 3 when we arrive in Dubai in December, what is there school year like.

http://www.littlehousenursery.ae/
LittleHouseNursery
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum