Registering Birth

Topic locked
registering birth Aug 07, 2006
We are only a few weeks away from the birth of our child. I understand we have to go through a lengthy process to get the notification of birth certificate registered etc, before i can take it to the embassy and get the passport and then residency visa.

I understand from discussion that there are some companies that will handle the Dubai based side of registering the birth so i can spend time with my family instead of getting frustrated driving around town.

I'm resigned to trips to the UK consulate, but if if anyone has any recent experience of the companies which can make the first part of the process more painless for me i'd be interested.

Thanks

stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 07, 2006
I don't know about the issue, but just wanted to say congrats!!!! :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 07, 2006
I hope all goes well with the birth.

I can't help with the names of companies that can help, but when my daughter was born a few months ago, our company PRO handled the birth certificate bit for me - I paid the fees which came to around 400dhs.

You get a birth notification from the hospital. I gave this to the PRO and he got the arabic birth certificate, english translation and both stamped by ministry of foreign affairs.

The (UK) passport application I handled - and it was a bit of a pain with three trips in total because I hadn't all the documents (first time) and the fact that the signatory needs to be a commonwealth citizen (second time).

Good luck.. and don't stress about the paper work - don't be in any hurry to get things done (unless you want to travel out of the country soon).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 03, 2006
Well my Son has now arrived and obtaining his birth certificate from the Department of Preventative Medicine was relatively painless. The only hassle was it took the American Hospital one week to process the notification of birth paperwork.

Have been to the British consulate and handed over all the paperwork and it appears to be accepted pretty easily. I guess a little research before the event and making sure the documentation is in order eases the process through.
stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 03, 2006
Congrats on the birth of you Son, may he enjoy a healthy and long life.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum