QUick Visa Panic

Topic locked
QUick Visa Panic Mar 16, 2008
Sorry I know Visa questions come up all the time.

Mine is....

If I get a job for a company and get my sponsorship/visa through the job, who else can come in on my Visa? - my children - my husband?

My worry is that if I can get a job then my husband won't be able to get in and this will defeat the object.

Thanks

GetMeOutOfUK
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 17, 2008
your children can come on your visa and your husband on a visit visa...(renewable after 90 days)
do a search on this forum.
good luck
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: QUick Visa Panic Mar 17, 2008
GetMeOutOfUK wrote:If I get a job for a company and get my sponsorship/visa through the job, who else can come in on my Visa? - my children - my husband?

There are more restrictions on wives sponsoring husbands than the other way around. I think teachers and doctors can sponsor husbands - maybe more info here - Dubai Visas.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 19, 2008
agreed, depends on the nature of your career. in the middle east the husband rules the roost and is seen as the primary sponsor - unless there are extenuating circumstances
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Mar 19, 2008
Thanks for all your help. Maybe I should ditch the husband!

Why can't he be in the buidling trade!!!!!! ARGHHHH
GetMeOutOfUK
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 19, 2008
Take the job, bring the kids (I think you can)...your hubby can come on a visit visa as recommended, he'll be good for 60 days, then just road trip to Oman until he gets a job. Once he is here, he is welcome to look and arrange his own gig and sponsorship. That is the best arrangement, then you can negotiate TWO sets of allowances as long as he doesn't tell prospective employers that you and the kiddies have a sponsorship.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 20, 2008
Thanks for all your advice you are all great. Cheers
GetMeOutOfUK
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum