Question About Housing

Topic locked
Question about housing May 02, 2007
Sorry if this is a duplicate question, but I wanted to know if 90K drm for a housing allowance is good for a single person to live on? plus my office is located in Dubai Internet City, so is housing easy to find in that area?

the company isn't offering anything else besides the housing allowance of 90K drm

any help would be great, as I've got a few days to decide if i'm moving to dubai.

nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

May 02, 2007
The most convenient location for you would be the Marina... but prices there are quite expensive. With a 90K budget... as far as I know the best option would be to look at the Diamond apartments in Marina... they are of inferior quality compared to the rest of the Marina apartments, but nonetheless in the same premium location and in close proximity to your office. For 90K you should be able to get a one bedroom there with no problems.

Another alternative is the Greens, but I think prices there are rising rapidly and personally I would prefer the Marina.

Good luck.
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

May 02, 2007
You should try for a 1 bed or studio at the Al Barsha area just behind Mall of the Emirates, lots of low rise apartments going up and only a few minutes from DIC
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 02, 2007
thanks you guys. when you say inferior, what exactly do you mean?

plus dumb question, but do the apts have washer/dryers in the units themselves for laundry?

i'll look into both places.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2007
I have a friend who took a 1 bedroom and it came with a fully fitted kitchen. I think you just have to get around them and see as some have ans some don't, depends on the Building owner. Inferior quality it's a tough question, what may be good for you may not be good for others!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum