Providing For My Family

Topic locked
Providing for my family Jun 17, 2008
Hello - My company wants to relocate me to Dubai from USA and I was wondering about cost of living and whats included in an employment package. I am married with 4 children and will need all the necesities.

1) Do companies typically cover the total cost of housing for an employee or a portion (what %)?

2) Do companies usually cover for extra fees (i.e. laundry, groceries, housekeeping, utilities, etc…)

3) Can somebody give me a breakdown of a typical package; whats covered and the cost for each

Any help with this would be great.

HRHelp
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 17, 2008
PM with the offer you have and I'll be able to tell you if its good or not. I just relocated from the US.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2008
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 17, 2008
Hey DBX,
That was a really nice post. I probably fall into Cat B of yours. How long ago was it when you made that budget. 8000/month for rent, what would be the equivalent today, you think? I have pretty much the same perks and expenditures that you had and will try to use your budget as a guideline. Thanks
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2008
The budget is between 18 and 24 months old, not sure exactly. To be on the conservative side of things I’d add 25 - 30% onto the figures for accommodation and education. The rest seems to be about the same to within about 5 – 7%
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum