Problems With Sponsor - Employment Visa

Topic locked
Problems with sponsor - employment visa Mar 20, 2006
Hi!

I’m planning of changing the sponsor (i'm working in muscat) but I right know I don’t have any contract and no passport. My boss has my passport.

He keeps telling me that he already applied for my employment visa und it could take up to 3 months but I don't believe anymore what he is telling me. He is the reason why everybody is leaving and why I also want to leave. Does it really take so long to get the employment visa? How can I change? Of course my boss will send me back to Germany but can really go back because of my expired tourist visa? About my visa. I had for 8 weeks a tourist visa and on my last day of the expiring date he said he is applying for my employment visa. It's not my faul that my visa expired.

If I don’t have any contract what are the official rues for example I got back. Do I have to pay it or my boss? I mean my employment visa is in process but I don’t know if I could go back.

Can you help me? Would it make sense to get a – appointment letter - from him.

I don’t know what to do. I just want to get out of this place and start hopfully soon a new job.

Claudia

claudia_schaedler
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 20, 2006
sorry to hear about your situation, I don't know much about Omani rules but couldn't you contact the German embassy in Muscat, they may have dealt with similar situations to yours in the past.

Good luck.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 20, 2006
It is illegal (international law) for anyone other than the holder to possess the passport. The passport actually belongs to the country of origin and not the holder (technically).

Fayz is correct, i would contact your Embassy or Consulate and seek their advise or ask them to cancel your old passport and reisssue a new one.

Then contact Oman immigration.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum