Primary Schools - Advise Please!

Topic locked
Primary schools - advise please! Sep 14, 2008
We are moving to Dubai in December. Our daughter is 5 yrs old (year 1). Have made enquiries with schoolsand most replied saying full, particularly those around Jumeirah; Umm Suqeim, Ranches.

There may be availability in schools in the Mirdif area - can anyone advise whether the schools here are ok and what the Mirdif area is like? Do you have guidance on the best way to try and secure a school place? Many thanks.

Egberts
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 14, 2008
Yes, it's tough to find a place in a good school. Here's a few in Mirdiff you could try ...

Star International Mirdiff - new, don't know if open yet
Mirdiff Private School - not sure if it's worth trying
Uptown School - should be ok
Royal Dubai School - have heard good reports

Garhood / Twar / Muhaisnah / Warqaa may be close enough to be on your radar also but traffic could put you off. Sift through the schools here - Dubai school finder.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 23, 2008
Hi Egberts,

My family and I move out in a month or so, we have one son who is four. It has been a nightmare finding a place, but eventually had success with Star International (mentioned above).

Its been ten days since you posted your query and we had confirmation late last week so fingers crossed they still have places. I know they are at different levels, but you never know.

Good luck
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum