Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence Visa?

Topic locked
Possible to Open Bank Account in UAE without Residence Visa? Dec 20, 2011
British Expat resident in Saudi.

In the spring of 2012 moving to UAE.

I have to close my Saudi Bank account before I leave, are there any banks who allow you to open an account without a residents visa and before you move to the UAE. Doesnt have to be a current/chequeing account can be a savings account.

Dont want to send it back to the UK as I dont have full UK non resident status yet.

Thanks

AM

Ancientmariner
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence V Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if it is possible to open a bank account without being a resident in UAE.

What about Saudi? There should be some banks in Saudi, that will allow you to keep their account even if you leave the country. If the bank has Internet Banking - it might be very useful in your situation.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence V Dec 28, 2011
I have a savings account with HSBC and I don't have a residents visa. I also have all the utilities, DEWA Empower etc without having a residents visa.
I don't need a residents visa as I don't stay in Dubai longer than 30 days at a time (I work full time in ther uk) in Dubai.
I am am HSBC Premier customer and opened an account easily in Dubai. Prior to being a Premier customer, I was able to open an ordinary savings account through my UK HSBC bank in the UK.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence V May 20, 2012
Check out with Emirates NBD bank as well. They also offer Savings Account facility to non residents. I guess they would require a copy of your passport and the original passport for validation. Do check with them, here is the link
http://www.emiratesnbd.com/en/personalB ... gsAccount/
altafabdullah
BANNED

Re: Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence V Mar 07, 2014
Yes you can open a savings account without residential proof of present country. You can opt for expatriate saving account with ADCB & normal banking services but for this you need to submit document like Attested passport photocopy, ADCB A/C opening form (Individual), Specimen Signature card form, Customer Information Form (Individual).
JennyMorrow
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

undefined Apr 25, 2015
Also CitiBank will open for you a savings account without a residency requirement. Check the webside
Easyanswer
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence V Aug 17, 2015
I believe you can open a saving account without residential proof of present country, but recommend you to browse FAQ section of the respective bank’s website which will help to find relevant answer related to open a bank account without being a resident in UAE.
JennyMorrow
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Possible To Open Bank Account In UAE Without Residence V Mar 16, 2016
JennyMorrow , Yes it is possible.
Nonresident can open saving bank account in UAE, and will get debit ATM card,
which can be used for withdrawal for cash worldwide online banking also
available. I can help to open such account just for one day in AED, USD and
EURO, ATM card will be issued after 3 days. Physical presents will be required.
Please call or Whatsapp +971554703908 or visit http://uae-cons.com/our-services/uae-bank-account/private-account.htm
for more information.
Serhii28
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum