Possible Job In Dubai

Topic locked
Possible job in Dubai May 30, 2007
Hi everyone

My first post on this forum so forgive my ignorance.

I have been given the opportunity of a job in Dubai. It's still at the very early stages but seeing as I have never even considered working in the UAE before, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction or provide some basic answers.

I guess the main question, after looking through some of the posts here, is the money aspect. Rents seem high, so is the deal of working in this part of the world as good as it used to be? Is it still tax free? (I know that's probably a really dumb question, but I really don't know a great deal). What sort of salary is considered good (I know that will depend on profession), but are there averages?

Anyway, I'll have a look at some more posts and fingers crossed, some of you will be kind enough to answer the "newbie" questions. Thanks

Chris.

ChrisHudson
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 30, 2007
they havent put down an offer? once they do it will be easier to let you know if its the right figure. yea dubai is tax free with a lot of ad ons :) that nearly makes up for the tax:).

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2007
take some time to read the older threads and search the forum most your questions will be answered.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2007
Tax free can be a red heading.

A lot of companies are basing their salaries on what the going rate is in Europe minus tax.

And with Goods - yes they are tax free but they cost the same as everywhere else, so it kind of cancels out.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum