Possible To Bring Partner To Dubai

Topic locked
Possible to bring Partner to Dubai Feb 27, 2007
Ive had a Job offer in Dubai , Currently living in Australia , Myself and partner arent married. A few questions

I understand we couldnt live together if she came over with me to Dubai ?

Also whats the possibility of her coming to Dubai on a holiday visa and finding a Job that would sponser her for a Working Visa ? Is this difficult to find an employee to offer this ? She has just finished University with Psychology and Business Management Degrees ?

1200det
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Possible to bring Partner to Dubai Feb 27, 2007
1200det wrote:Ive had a Job offer in Dubai , Currently living in Australia , Myself and partner arent married. A few questions

I understand we couldnt live together if she came over with me to Dubai ? Not legally but many do. There is a thread or two about that.

Also whats the possibility of her coming to Dubai on a holiday visa and finding a Job that would sponser her for a Working Visa ? Is this difficult to find an employee to offer this ? She has just finished University with Psychology and Business Management Degrees ? Sure. Again many people have done so also.

Good Luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2007
Concord

Cheers thanks for the reply , Am i correct in saying a Holiday Visa is for 30 days , Can she leave and come back on another 30 day Visa
1200det
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 27, 2007
1200det wrote:Concord

Cheers thanks for the reply , Am i correct in saying a Holiday Visa is for 30 days , Can she leave and come back on another 30 day Visa

It depends on the country and there was a recent (6 month ago change) where countries that used to get 60 days now get 30 (some still get 60). Threre is a thread about that somewhere in here (or in travel forum)

With respect to coming back with new visa. Sure - Many people do. (they call it a "visa run"). Fly to Oman 35 minute flight (or any country where no visa is needed) get off the plane get back on another plane and there you have it: a brand new visa. All the above applies if she holds an australian passport (or anyone not requiring visa to enter). The "visa run' could be done by driving to Oman - just need to get new entry stamp on passport.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2007
1200det wrote:Concord

You should be able to get a 60 day visa on the Australian passport - but sometimes they will just blindly stamp it 30 so make sure you check. The immigration website is pretty unhelpful - because it gives you the impression its only 30 days.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum